|Directed by||Nora Fingscheidt|
|Produced by||Peter Hartwig|
Jakob D. Weydemann
|Written by||Nora Fingscheidt|
|Music by||John Gürtler|
|Cinematography||Yunus Roy Imer|
|Edited by||Stephan Bechinger|
|Distributed by||Port au Prince Pictures|
A disturbed nine-year-old girl in the child welfare system longs to return to her mother.
- Helena Zengel as Bernadette
- Albrecht Schuch as Michael Heller
- Gabriela Maria Schmeide as Frau Bafané
- Lisa Hagmeister as Bianca Klaaß
- Melanie Straub as Dr. Schönemann
- Victoria Trauttmansdorff as Pflegemutter Silvia
It was selected to compete for the Golden Bear at the 69th Berlin International Film Festival. It won the Alfred Bauer Prize at the festival. It was selected as the German entry for the Best International Feature Film at the 92nd Academy Awards, but it was not nominated. Film received 3 nominations to the 32nd European Film Awards, including Best Film, Best Actress, University Award.
- List of submissions to the 92nd Academy Awards for Best International Feature Film
- List of German submissions for the Academy Award for Best International Feature Film
- "Selection for Competition and Berlinale Special Completed". berlinale. Retrieved 17 January 2019.
- "Berlin Film Festival 2019: Nadav Lapid's 'Synonyms' Wins Golden Bear". Variety. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- "Oscars: Germany Selects 'System Crasher' for International Feature Film Award". Variety. Retrieved 21 August 2019.
|This article related to a German film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|