Systematic layout planning
The systematic layout planning (SLP) is a tool used to arrange a workplace in a plant by locating areas with high frequency and logical relationships close to each other. The process permits the quickest material flow in processing the product at the lowest cost and least amount of handling.
Levels of plant layout design
There are four levels of detail in plant layout design,
- Site layout: shows how the building should be located in a proper way.
- Block layout: shows the sizes of departments in the buildings.
- Detailed layout: shows the arrangements of equipment and workstations in the departments.
- Workstation layout: shows the locations of every part of the workstation.
- Muther, R. (1984) Systematic layout planning, Cahners Books