Systems medicine is an interdisciplinary field of study that looks at the systems of the human body as part of an integrated whole, incorporating biochemical, physiological, and environment interactions. Systems medicine draws on systems science and systems biology, and considers complex interactions within the human body in light of a patient's genomics, behavior and environment.
List of systems (bio)medicine research groups
|Country||University / Institute||Department / Center / Program / Network||Participants|
|Ireland||Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland||Medical Systems Biology|
|Luxembourg||Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine||Computational Biology group|
|Netherlands||Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)||Department of Biomedical Engineering, Computational Biology Group (CBio)||Natal van Riel, Peter Hilbers|
|United States||Institute for Systems Biology (ISB)||Leroy Hood, Alan Aderem, Ruedi Aebersold|
|Germany||Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres||Department of Systems Immunology||Esteban Hernandez-Vargas|
|Netherlands||Utrecht University||Utrecht Center for Quantitative Immunology||Aridaman Pandit|
- Federoff, Howard; Gostin, Lawrence O. (2009). "Evolving from Reductionism to Holism: Is There a Future for Systems Medicine?". Journal of the American Medical Association 302 (9): 994–996. doi:10.1001/jama.2009.1264.
- Zeng (B.) J., On the holographic model of human body, 1st National Conference of Comparative Studies Traditional Chinese Medicine and West Medicine, Medicine and Philosophy, April, 1992 ( termed "systems medicine and pharmacology").
- Kamada T. ,System biomedicine: a new paradigm in biomedical engineering. Front Med Biol Eng. 1992;4(1):1-2.
- de Winter W, DeJongh J, Post T, Ploeger B, Urquhart R, Moules I, Eckland D, Danhof M. A mechanism-based disease progression model for comparison of long-term effects of pioglitazone, metformin and gliclazide on disease processes underlying Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn. 2006 Jun;33(3):313-43.
- Tiemann CA, Vanlier J, Oosterveer MH, Groen AK, Hilbers PA, van Riel NA. Parameter trajectory analysis to identify treatment effects of pharmacological interventions. PLoS Comput Biol. 2013 Aug;9(8):e1003166
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Medical Systems Biology
- Computational Biology group, LCSB
- Computational Biology Group, Eindhoven University of Technology