Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up syzygy or sygyzy in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|
Syzygy // (from Greek Συζυγία "conjunction, yoked together") may refer to:
- Syzygy (astronomy), a collinear configuration of three celestial bodies
- Hilbert's syzygy theorem, a relation between the generators of a module
- Syzygy, in biology, the pairing of chromosomes during meiosis
- Syzygy, a concept in the philosophy of Vladimir Solovyov denoting "close union"
- Syzygy, a term used by Carl Jung to mean a union of opposites, as in Eros (concept) § Carl Jung
- Syzygy, female–male pairings of the emanations known as Aeon (Gnosticism)
- Epirrhematic syzygy: a system of symmetrically corresponding verse forms in Greek Old Comedy
- "It Wasn't Syzygy", a short story by Theodore Sturgeon
- Syzygy, a novel by Michael G. Coney
- Syzygy (novel), a novel by Frederik Pohl
- Syzygy (poetry), the combination of two metrical feet into a single unit
- Syzygy Darklock, a fictional character in the comic book series Dreadstar
Film, television, and games
- Atari, Inc., the successor to the Syzygy Co.
- "Syzygy" (The X-Files), a 1996 episode of the science fiction series
- Syzygy, a Robot character from the video game Unreal Tournament 2003
- Syzygy, a game for the Dragon 32 home computer, published by Microdeal
- Syzygy, a linking word game by Lewis Carroll, published in The Lady magazine
- Syzygy, a Great Old One in the game Eldritch Horror (board game), introduced in the expansion Strange Remnants
- Syzygy, a tablebase implementation of chess
- Syzygy Co., an arcade game engineering company co-founded by Nolan Bushnell
- SYZYGY, the title of Chapter 4 of Part 2 of the Netflix series The OA
- Syzygy, an alternative electronica music duo featuring Dominic Glynn
- Syzygy, composition by Del Tredici
- Syzygys (band), a Japanese band
- Syzygy (EP), 1998, by Lynch Mob
- "Syzygy", a track from the 1987 album Michael Brecker
- "Syzygy", a track by Gene Loves Jezebel on the 1990 album Kiss of Life
- "Syzygy, Part I", "Syzygy, Part II", and "Syzygy, Part III", tracks from the 2004 album Suns of the Tundra
- "Syzygy", a track by Los Angeles Guitar Quartet on the 2012 LAGQ: Latin album
- "Syzygy", a track by Mickey Factz on the 2015 mixtape "Y3"
- "Syzygy", a track by Laurel Halo on the 2017 album Dust
- Caledonian Antisyzygy, a term referring to the Scottish psyche and literature
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Syzygy.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.