|Look up syzygy in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|
Syzygy // (from Greek Συζυγία “conjunction, yoked together”) may refer to:
- Syzygy (FPGA), an open standard for high-performance peripheral connectivity
- Syzygy (astronomy), a collinear configuration of three celestial bodies
- Syzygy (mathematics), a relation between the generators of a module
- An anatomical feature of crinoids
- Syzygy (meiosis), in biology, the pairing of chromosomes during meiosis
- A concept in the philosophy of Vladimir Solovyov, to denote 'close union'
- A term used by Carl Jung to mean a union of opposites
- Syzygy (Gnosticism), female–male pairings of the emanations known as aeons
- Syzygy (poetry), the combination of two metrical feet into a single unit
- Epirrhematic syzygy: a system of symmetrically corresponding verse forms in Greek Old Comedy, see Aristophanes#Dramatic structure
- Syzygy (novel by Michael G. Coney)
- Syzygy Darklock, a fictional character in the comic book series Dreadstar
- "It Wasn't Syzygy", a short story by Theodore Sturgeon
Film, Television, and Games
- Syzygy (The X-Files), an episode of The X-Files
- Syzygy Co., an arcade game engineering company founded by Nolan Bushnell and Ted Dabney
- Atari, Inc., the successor to the Syzygy Co.
- "Syzygy", a tablebase implementation of chess
- "Syzygy", a linking word game by Lewis Carroll, published in The Lady magazine
- "Syzygy", a Great Old One in the game Eldritch Horror, introduced in the expansion Strange Remnants
- "Syzygy", a game for the Dragon 32 home computer, published by Microdeal
- Syzygy, a character from the video games Unreal Tournament 2003 and Unreal Tournament 2004
- Syzygy, composition by Del Tredici
- Syzygys (band), a Japanese band
- Syzygy, an alternative electronica music duo featuring Dominic Glynn
- "Syzygy", an album by Lucrecia Dalt
- "Syzygy", an album by Blaue Blume
- Syzygy (album), by Lynch Mob
- "Syzygy", a track by Los Angeles Guitar Quartet
- "Syzygy", a track by Gene Loves Jezebel on the album Kiss of Life
- "Syzygy", a track by Mickey Factz on the mixtape "Y-3"
- "Syzygy, Part I", "Syzygy, Part II", and "Syzygy, Part III", tracks from the album Suns of the Tundra
- "Syzygy", a track from the album Michael Brecker
- "Syzygy", a track by Laurel Halo on the album Dust
- Caledonian Antisyzygy, a term referring to the Scottish psyche and literature
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Note: This page may need to be cleaned up to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. Further information might be found on the talk page. Tools: DabFix