This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
August 2008 "T+D" Cover
|Former editors||Patricia A. Galagan
|Categories||Business/Workplace learning and performance|
|Based in||Alexandria, Virginia|
T+D is a monthly business magazine published by The American Society for Training & Development. It was first published in 1946 (as The Journal of Industrial Training). Other formal titles for the magazine have included Training and Development Journal and Training & Development. Its readership includes professionals in the workplace learning and performance (WLP) field, and general topics covered include organizational development, instructional design, talent management, and competencies, to name a few.
T+D readership includes a range of professionals, from corporate learning executives, to human resources managers, to independent trainers and consultants, reaching individuals around the world. In the last year, the magazine has covered several WLP issues, including e-learning, generational issues, leadership development, global sourcing, and employee engagement, with the stated goal of offering readers information pertaining to
- current best practices through case studies and how-tos
- new learning technologies and their applications
- emerging trends
- relevant issues within the WLP field.
In addition to name changes, the magazine has undergone several major redesigns. In May 2001, the magazine saw an overhaul of its logo, at which time the magazine shed the "Training & Development" moniker in favor of "T+D" (pronounced "T and D"). The magazine introduced its most recent redesign in January 2007, at which point the logo also adopted its current look.
Awards and recognition
- Winner: 1992, Bronze OZZIE Award of Excellence for Best Design
- Winner: 1994, Gold Circle Awards, ASAE (American Society of Association Executives)
- Winner: 1998, Editorial excellence, ASBPE
- Winner: 2001, Publication redesign, ASBPE
- Winner: 2001, APEX Award for publication excellence
- Named one of the "Ten Essential Magazines for Consultants” by the Independent Consultants Association in 2004
- Winner: 2007, Silver EDDIE Award for Association, Non-Profit Article, November 2006, “Training: I’m Lovin’ It.”
- Named one of the "Top 5 Nonprofit Magazines" at the Ragan Recognition Awards 2006 and 2007
- "T+D Celebrates 60 Years", T+D, 60(9):36.
- T+D Magazine - TD Magazine - ASTD
|This business magazine or journal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.