|Born||6 June 1947 (age 71)|
Taťana Fischerová (better known as Táňa Fischerová) (born 6 June 1947) is a Czech actress, writer, television host, politician and civic activist. From 2002 to 2006, she was a member of the Parliament of the Czech Republic. She was a candidate in the 2013 Czech presidential election.
Fischerová was born in Prague. Her father, theatre director Jan Fischer (or Fišer), was imprisoned in Theresienstadt and Auschwitz concentration camps during the World War II. Her mother was a dancer.
She studied at JAMU in Brno, however, she didn't finish her studies due to an engagement in the Prague's Drama Club in the late 1960s. She was sacked from the theatre during the period of normalization (in 1973). In the 1970s, she continued her career in the Jiří Wolker Theatre, however, she left the theatre after the birth of her son Kryštof, whose father is the composer Petr Skoumal. In the 1980s, she worked as a freelance actress. During her acting career, she collaborated with significant personalities of Czech cinema, such as Evald Schorm, Antonín Máša, Jaromil Jireš, and Karel Kachyňa.
In 2002, Fischerová ran for a seat in the Parliament of the Czech Republic as an independent candidate running on the slate of the Unie svobody-DEU (Freedom Union – Democratic Union). She was elected, however, she didn't succeed in the next election, this time to the Senate of the Parliament of the Czech Republic.
Fischerová was one of the three female candidates in the 2013 Czech presidential election, along with Zuzana Roithová and Jana Bobošíková. She was supported by Green Party. Her team gathered around 65.000 approved signatures from citizens and met the quorum of minimum of 50,000. In the 1st round of the election, she placed 7th with 3,23% (166 211 votes). She didn't qualify for the second round.
She is a member of the board of the Dagmar and Václav Havel Foundation VIZE 97, the Czech Helsinki Committee, and a member of the Amnesty International. Along with the singer Marta Kubišová and film director Jan Kačer, she helps to organize the series of annual advent charity concerts broadcast by the Czech Television.
- Hotel pro cizince (1966)
- Lev s bílou hřívou (1986)
- Svědek umírajícího času (1989)
- Bílý den ... a jiné příběhy. Prague: Troja, 1999, 119 p. ISBN 80-902-4282-0. (in Czech)
- Jeden čas seje, jeden plody sbírá. Illustration Ivan Svatoš. Prague: Svatošovo nakladatelství, 2002, 35 p. ISBN 80-238-9785-3. (in Czech)
- Lydiiny dveře. Illustration Lýdie Hladíková. Prague: Porozumění, 1994, 84 p. ISBN 80-238-1948-8. (in Czech)
- Táňa Fischerová: nežít jen pro sebe. Prague: Portál, 2002, 133 p. ISBN 978-807-1786-542. (interview with Daniela Brůhová) (in Czech)
- Láska nevládne, láska tvoří: hledání cest k proměně společnosti. Hranice: Fabula, 2012, 177 p. ISBN 978-808-7635-025. (co-authored with Radomil Hradil). (in Czech)
- Světliny 2: putování k polednám. Prague: Chvojkovo nakladatelství, 2006, 144 p. ISBN 80-861-8352-1. (co-authored with Ludvík Procházka and Karel Funk). (in Czech)
- "Actress Fischerova joins battle for post of Czech president". ČTK. 6 November 2012. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- "Lásku k divadlu si Jan Fischer odnesl s sebou z Terezína" (in Czech). Ministerstvo kultury (originally Mladá fronta DNES). 29 September 2011. Archived from the original on 17 December 2012. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- "Táňa Fischerová - profil kandidáta" (in Czech). Czech Television. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- Štráfeldová, Milena (7 December 2012). "Prezidentská kandidátka Táňa Fischerová: volební medailon" (in Czech). Czech Radio. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- "Táňa Fischerová: Moje dítě je mi nejbližší". Mladá fronta DNES (in Czech). OnaDnes (iDnes). 20 December 2006. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- "Fischerová Táňa - životopis" (in Czech). tanafischerova.cz. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- "Táňa Fischerová" (in Czech). novinky.cz. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- Lazarová, Daniela (20 December 2012). "Táňa Fischerová – an idealist offering a vision of a better world". Czech Radio. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- "Na Hrad nepatří Fischer, ale Fischerová, řekli zelení. Sbírají podpisy". iDNES.cz. 27 September 2012. Retrieved 15 February 2017.
- "Nejvíce uznaných podpisů má Zeman, nejméně jich vyřadili Roithové" (in Czech). novinky.cz. 23 November 2012. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- "Volba prezidenta republiky konaná ve dnech 11.01. – 12.01.2013" (in Czech). volby.cz. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Táťána Fischerová, kandidátka na prezidentku". ČTK (in Czech). České noviny. 6 November 2012. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Táňa Fischerová.|