Târgu Mureș International Airport
Târgu Mureș Transilvania Airport
Aeroportul Transilvania Târgu Mureș
Marosvásárhelyi Transilvania Repülőtér
|Owner||Mureș County Council|
|Location||Vidrasău, Mureș County|
|Focus city for||Wizz Air|
|Elevation AMSL||963 ft / 294 m|
Târgu Mureș Transilvania Airport (Romanian: Aeroportul Transilvania Târgu Mureș; Hungarian: Marosvásárhelyi Transilvania Repülőtér) (IATA: TGM, ICAO: LRTM) is an international airport located 14 km (8.7 mi) southwest of Târgu Mureș, Mureș County, in central Romania. Until May 2006, the official name was Târgu Mureș Vidrasău Airport (for the village 17 km (11 mi) outside of Târgu Mureș where it is located).
Opened in 1936, Târgu Mureș's first airport was built 2.5 kilometers away from the city centre. The airport was rebuilt in its current location in the 1960s, and inaugurated in 1969.
After 2000, the airport has undergone extensive renovation. In October 2005 a new international terminal was opened and Category II instrument landing system was installed, allowing the handling of flights 24 hours a day.
In December 2016, the county council administrator started a new modernization program. The project involved the refurbishment of the runway and the apron (an estimated RON77 million investment). The auction was won by the Porr-Geiger Association, and the work began in early October 2017 and completed in June 2018. On 25 June 2018, the new runway went into operation.
Airlines and destinations
|AlMasria Universal Airlines||Seasonal charter: Hurghada|
|Tarom||Seasonal charter: Antalya|
|Corendon Airlines||Seasonal charter: Antalya|
|Wizz Air||Budapest, Dortmund, Friedrichshafen (begins 19 September 2019), London-Luton, Memmingen|
- List of the busiest airports in Romania
- List of airports in Romania
- Aviation in Romania
- Transport in Romania
- EAD Basic Archived January 12, 2011, at WebCite
- Târgu Mureș Airport in 2012 at punctul.ro ‹See Tfd›(in Romanian)
- Traficul total de pasageri pe Aeroporturile din România pe anul 2018 ‹See Tfd›(in Romanian)
- ORDIN 169/1.801. Planul national de actiune privind reducerea emisiilor de gaze cu efect de seră în domeniul aviatiei civile ‹See Tfd›(in Romanian)
- Press release for 2013 ‹See Tfd›(in Romanian)
- History of the airport ‹See Tfd›(in Romanian)
- În ce constă proiectul de reabilitare a pistei Aeroportului Transilvania at zi-de-zi.ro ‹See Tfd›(in Romanian)
- Pista Aeroportului Transilvania Tîrgu Mureş a fost finalizată: nota de plată, 60 de milioane de lei ‹See Tfd›(in Romanian)
- Lucrarile au fost finalizate si receptionate ‹See Tfd›(in Romanian)
- "Shuttle". amaratour.ro.
- "Timetable Summer 2019 Christian Tour Romania" (PDF).
Media related to Târgu Mureș International Airport at Wikimedia Commons