Tây Hồ District
Tây Hồ District
Quận Tây Hồ
|Seat||657 Lạc Long Quân, Xuân La ward|
|• People's Committee||Nguyễn Anh Tuấn|
|• People's Council||Đỗ Anh Tuấn|
|• Total||24.39 km2 (9.42 sq mi)|
|• Density||6,600/km2 (17,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+7 (ICT)|
Tây Hồ (West Lake) is an urban district (quận) located on the north side of central Hanoi, the capital city of Vietnam. The district wraps around the West Lake (hồ Tây), one of the largest natural lakes of Vietnam. The district currently has 8 wards, covering a total area of 24.39 square kilometers. As of 2019, there were 160,495 people residing in the district, the population density is 6,600 inhabitants per square kilometer.
Thanks to its close proximity to the city center and scenery of the West Lake, Tây Hồ is a high-end residential area, housing the largest population of expatriates living and working in Hanoi.
Following decree 69/CE set fourth by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam government, Tây Hồ was officially recognized as a district on October 28, 1995. The district was, and is, still considered to be a center of entertainment, tourism, and natural conservation of Hanoi.
Since 1996, Tây Hồ has been home to the Quảng Bá flower market (chợ Hoa đêm Quảng Bá), one of the largest night flower markets in Vietnam and a popular tourist destination.
Tây Hồ is bordered by four districts: Long Biên district (to the east), Bắc Từ Liêm district (to the west), Ba Đình district (to the south), and Đông Anh district (to the north).
Tây Hồ is divided into 8 wards: Bưởi, Nhật Tân, Phú Thượng, Quảng An, Thuỵ Khuê, Tứ Liên, Xuân La and Yên Phụ.
The three main avenues in the district, Lạc Long Quân, Âu Cơ, and An Dương Vương, were names of leaders of early Vietnamese civilization. The smaller streets in the district are named after renowned Vietnamese poets, artists and music composers, such as Xuân Diệu, Tô Ngọc Vân, Trịnh Công Sơn, Nguyễn Đình Thi and Đặng Thai Mai.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2016)
Tây Hồ currently has two international schools, Singapore International School (SIS) @ Ciputra and United Nations International School of Hanoi. Chu Văn An National School is also a notable school in this district.
- "Niên giám thống kê năm 2018". Retrieved 2021-02-21.
- Ủy ban nhân dân: Nhiệm kỳ 2021 - 2026
- Hội đồng nhân dân: Khoá V, nhiệm kỳ 2016 - 2021
- General Statistics Office of Vietnam (2019). "Completed Results of the 2019 Viet Nam Population and Housing Census" (PDF). Statistical Publishing House (Vietnam). ISBN 978-604-75-1532-5.
- "Hà Nội có thêm năm quận mới vào năm 2025". VnExpress. 2019-10-30.
- Nghị định 69-CP năm 1995 về việc thành lập quận Tây Hồ thuộc thành phố Hà Nội
- "Contact Us." Singapore International School (SIS) @ Ciputra. Retrieved on October 7, 2016. "Address: Block C3 (NT III B) Ciputra Hanoi International City, Phu Thuong Ward, Tay Ho District, Hanoi"
- "Liên Hệ". Cổng thông tin điện tử TRƯỜNG THPT CHU VĂN AN (TRƯỜNG BƯỞI).