Télé Inter-Rives

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Télé Inter-Rives ("Inter-Riverbank Television", literal translation) is a broadcasting company based in Rivière-du-Loup, Quebec. The Simard family holds a 55% stake in Télé Inter-Rives, with Quebecor (owner of Groupe TVA and the TVA network) holding the remaining 45%.

The company operates all three commercial stations in Rivière-du-Loup in a rare "triple-stick" (triopoly), by "cascade ownership":[1]

Télé Inter-Rives also operates Carleton-sur-Mer TVA affiliate CHAU-DT (licensee: CHAU-TV Communications Ltée., owned by Télé Inter-Rives).

The company was formed in 1981 as a holding company for CKRT, which has been owned by the Simard family since its launch in 1962.

The four stations air programming in French, as the language and population in Eastern Quebec is predominantly French-Canadian.


External links[edit]