Télépopmusik is a French electronic music trio, composed of Fabrice Dumont (bassist of the pop band Autour de Lucie), Stephan Haeri (also known as "2 square" for his solo projects), and Christophe Hetier.
2001-2004: Genetic World
Rapper Mau, from Earthling, appeared as guest vocalist on both Genetic World as Soda-Pop (tracks "Genetic World", "Da Hoola" and "Trishika") and on Angel Milk as Mau ("Anyway", "Last Train To Wherever", "Hollywood On My Toothpaste", "Tuesday" and "15 Minutes").
The track "Breathe" from the album Genetic World was used in a Mitsubishi television commercial to launch the 2003 Outlander. It was also nominated for a Grammy Award in the category Best Dance Recording at the ceremony held in February 2004. The track peaked at #42 in the UK Singles Chart in March 2002. Angela McCluskey, the co-writer and guest vocalist on "Breathe," is from the American band Wild Colonials.
2005: Angel Milk
In 2005, the group released their second studio album, Angel Milk. The album received positive reviews from critics, and spawned the single "Into Everything", whose accompanying music video featured stop-motion animation and footage of a house full of leaves.
2006-Present: New music and upcoming album
On 24 June 2013 they released Try Me Anyway / Fever EP which featured New York based vocalist Betty Black (Sylvia Gordon) and remixes from Dirty Channels, Zombie Disco Squad, Populette, Pit Spector and Pino Rastovitch.
Besides their new EP, Télépopmusik are in studio working on a new album which will be their first album release since 2005.
Problems playing this file? See media help.
- Ghost Girl (2009)
- Try Me Anyway / Fever (2013)
- Sound (2014)
- Catalogue Of Telepopmusik (2003)
- Damita Jo by Janet Jackson (2004) [Télépopmusik produced "Looking for Love," the introduction to this album]
- The Things We Do by Angela McCluskey (2005) [a regular vocalist for Télépopmusik]
- Breathe on My Contacts by Jennifer Lee AKA TOKiMONSTA (2011) [Sampled "Breathe"]
- 5am Ant Hat by Krayze Music (2012) [Sampled "Love Can Damage Your Health"]
In popular culture
The track "World can be yours" was used as a background track for the Air France ad campaign in 2009.
"Breathe" was used in the 2005 French movie "The Beat That My Heart Skipped" ("De battre mon cœur s'est arrêté"), directed by Jacques Audiard.
"Breathe" was also used in Season 2 Episode 12 of the television series Six Feet Under.
In 2011, Breathe was the featured background track used for the promo video of the Hermitage Plaza skyscraper project in Paris.
"Breathe" was used in the 2014 Spanish animation movie "Mortadelo y Filemón contra Jimmy el Cachondo"
'Breathe' was used in 2015 by Montreal pro snowboarder Sebastien Toutant (more commonly known as Seb Toots) while riding/shredding down Montreals 'Mount Royal', continuing through the streets of downtown.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 551. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Reviews for Angel Milk". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Télépopmusik – Into Everything / Breathe (2 Square Remix)". Discogs. Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- "Telepopmusik - "Into Everything"". YouTube. Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- "Telepopmusik / Try Me Anyway - Fever" - Official Website. Retrieved in 2013-26-06
- "A History of Progress" - IBMSocialMedia. Retrieved on 2008-11-08.
- "Peugeot 308 CC / Telepopmusik" - Vimeo. Retrieved in 2009-07-01