From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Taning" redirects here. For the county of Daning, old romanization Taning, see Daning County.
|• Mayor||Dorothe Klömmer|
|• Total||44.41 km2 (17.15 sq mi)|
|Elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|• Density||110/km2 (290/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
- Friedrich Wilhelm Selck (1821-1911), councilor of commerce, honorary citizen since 1899
- Friedrich von Esmarch (1823-1908), German physician and the founder of the civilian Samaritan system in Germany, honorary citizen since 1897. To him reminds a statue in the castle park.
Sons and daughters of the city
- Jürgen Ovens (1623-1678), painter, portraitist
- Johann Friedrich Alberti (1642-1710), composer, organist
- Kurt Thomas (1904-1973), composer, music pedagogue and chorus
Connected to Tönning
- Hinrich Braren (1751-1826), captain, pilot and navigation instructor, died in Tönning. He wrote the first German-language textbook of shipping.
Media related to Tönning at Wikimedia Commons
|This Nordfriesland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|