Oguzkhan Presidential Palace
|Current tenants||Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov, President of Turkmenistan|
|Design and construction|
Oguzkhan Palace (Turkmen: Oguz han köşk, Огуз хан көшк) is the official residence and principal workplace of the President of Turkmenistan, located in the capital city of Ashgabat in Turkmenistan. It has been the presidential headquarters and home of the president of Turkmenistan for many years. President Saparmurat Niyazov, who styled himself Türkmenbaşy, and for whom it is named, lived in the palace between 1997 and his death in 2006. The new building was built in May 2011, instead of the old, a little Türkmenbaşy Palace located nearby.
Bouygues built the presidential palace in 1997 for the first President of Turkmenistan Saparmurat Niyazov. The original presidential palace was once notable for its flamboyant appearance, but it was subsequently overshadowed in architectural stature by large buildings in oil-rich Kazakhstan, and even impoverished Tajikistan.
It was built by the French construction firm Bouygues. Construction began in 2008, ended May 18, 2011. The same day, the first of his master became the second President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov. President of Turkmenistan attended the opening. The cost of a new palace $250 million.
Halls of the palace
In the central hall of the palace held the ceremony of welcoming, the "Golden Hall" is designed for bilateral talks at the highest level in a narrow range. Hall "Gorkut Ata" designed for the talks the. Hall "Sejuk Khan" is the site of the signing of bilateral agreements and intergovernmental agreements. In the hall "Bayram Khan" after talks at the highest level, are press conferences and briefings for representatives of leading media and international news agencies. Hall "Magtymguly" is designed for a variety of meetings and cultural events.
- DECOUVRIR L’HISTOIRE
- Bouygues wins construction contracts in Turkmenistan
- President of Turkmenistan inaugurates new residence - Palace Complex “Oguzkhan”
- Presidential palace complex “Oguzkhan” to be inaugurated on May 18
- Oil cash helps Turkmenistan turn capital into marble marvel
- В Туркменистане отмечают День возрождения, единства и поэзии
- Аркадаг справил новоселье и отныне обитает во Дворце имени Огузхана
- Turkmenistan: Open Letter to President Berdymukhadmedov regarding ongoing expropriation and demolition of homes in Ashgabat and the surrounding Akhal region
- Turkmenistan rebuilds capital into marble 'white city'
- Turkmen leader inaugurates new golden-domed palace
- Лучшие школьники Ашхабада стали гостями Президентского дворца «Огузхан»
- Счастливое поколение суверенного государства
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Oguzkhan Palace.|