Turkvision Song Contest 2014
|Turkvision Song Contest 2014|
|Türkvizyon Kazan 2014|
|Semi-final||19 November 2014|
|Final||21 November 2014|
|Venue||TatNeft Arena, Kazan, Tatarstan|
|Directed by||Damir Davletshin|
|Executive supervisor||İsmet Zaatov|
|Executive producer||Islam Bagirov|
|Host broadcaster||Maydan Television (MTV)|
|Interval act||Eldar Gasimov performing "Anladim"|
|Number of entries||25|
|Voting system||A juror from each region evaluates all the songs on a 10 point system.|
Turkvision Song Contest 2014 (Turkish: Türkvizyon Şarkı Yarışması 2014) was the second edition of the Turkvision Song Contest, which took place in Kazan in the region of Tatarstan. Twenty-four Turkic regions, which have either a large Turkic population or a widely spoken Turkic language, confirmed their participation, making it the largest contest exceeding the participation number for the 2013 contest whereas four European countries (Albania, Bulgaria, Germany and Russia) made their debut. Altai Republic, Belarus, Kemerovo, Kosovo, and Northern Cyprus withdrew from the contest. The semi final took place on 19 November 2014 and the final took place on 21 November 2014. The presenters of the contest were Artem Shalimov, Narmin Agaeva, and Ranil Nuriov.
- 1 Location
- 2 Format
- 3 Participating countries and regions
- 4 Scoreboard
- 5 Incidents
- 6 International broadcasts and voting
- 7 Other regions
- 8 See also
- 9 References
- 10 External links
On 15 October 2013, it was announced that the hosts for Turkvision 2014 will be Kazan, Tatarstan. Kazan is the capital and largest city of the Republic of Tatarstan, Russia. With a population of 1,143,535, it is the eighth most populous city in Russia. Kazan lies at the confluence of the Volga and Kazanka Rivers in European Russia.
The TatNeft Arena, an indoor sporting arena, was chosen as the host venue for the 2014 contest. The capacity of the arena is 10,000 and was opened in 2005. The arena is home to Ak Bars Kazan of the Kontinental Hockey League.
The contest consisted of a semi-final held on 19 November 2014, and a grand final which took place on the evening of 21 November 2014. Twenty-five participating regions took part in the semi-final, of which twelve were to qualify and proceeded to the grand final. This was later changed to fifteen qualifiers, after it was discovered that voting fraud had occurred from Turkmenistan, who had awarded themselves 5 points. Also the total score for Bosnia and Herzegovina was miscalculated on the scoring system, and had totalled up more points than they actually received.
National host broadcaster
Participating countries and regions
Eldar Zhanikaev, Genghiz Erhan Cutcalai, and Ahmet Tuzlu returned to the contest for a second consecutive year, representing the joint-region of Kabardino-Balkaria & Karachay-Cherkessia, Romania, and Iraq respectively. Zhanikaev's previous entry was entitled "Adamdi Bizni Atibiz" (His name is Adam), while Duzlu's last entry was entitled "Kerkük'ten Yola Çikak" (Out from Kirkuk).
|01||Kazakhstan||Zhanar Dugalova||"Izin korem" (Ізін көрем)||Kazakh||3||198|
|03||Turkmenistan||Züleyha Kakayeva||"Shikga-Shikga bilerzik"||Turkmen||15||164|
|04||Georgia||Ayla Shiriyeva & Aysel Mammadova||"Tenhayam"||Azerbaijani||25||141|
|05||Uzbekistan||Aziza Nizamova||"Dunyo boʻlsin omon"||Uzbek||10||172|
|06||Albania||Xhoi Bejko||"Hava ve Ates"||Turkish, Albanian||19||154|
|08||Ukraine||Natali Deniz||"Sän benim"||Gagauz||23||148|
|09||Iran||Barish Grubu||"Heydar Baba"||Azerbaijani||9||178|
|10||Eldar Zhanikaev||"Barama" (Барама)||Karachay-Balkar||24||148|
|11||Tatarstan||Aydar Söläymanov||"Atlar çaba" (Атлар чаба)||Tatar||1||223|
|12||Moscow||Kazan World||"Sine kötäm" (Сине көтәм)||Tatar||5||190|
|13||Kyrgyzstan||Non-Stop||"Seze bil" (Сезе бил)||Kyrgyz||6||190|
|14||Yakutia||Vladlena Ivanova (Sakhaya)||"Kyn"||Yakut||12||168|
|16||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Mensur Salkić||"Šutim/Susuyorum"||Bosnian||13||168|
|18||Bulgaria||İsmail Matev||"Yollara, Taşlara"||Turkish||11||168|
|19||Iraq||Ahmet Tuzlu||"Çal Kalbimi"||Azerbaijani||18||155|
|20||Crimea||Darina Siniçkina||"Gider isen" (Гидер исен)||Crimean Tatar||8||178|
|21||Azerbaijan||Elvin Ordubadli||"Divlerin Yalqizliği"||Azerbaijani||14||166|
|22||Romania||Cengiz Erhan & Alev Gafar||"Genclik Basa Bir Gelir"||Turkish||17||158|
|23||Macedonia||Kaan Mazhar||"Yolumu Bulurum"||Turkish||7||181|
|02||Crimea||Darina Siniçkina||"Gider isen" (Гидер исен)||Crimean Tatar||6||186|
|03||Kazakhstan||Zhanar Dugalova||"Izin körem" (Ізін көрем)||Kazakh||1||225|
|04||Uzbekistan||Aziza Nizamova||"Dunyo bo'lsin omon"||Uzbek||7||183|
|05||Iran||Barish Grubu||"Heydar baba"||Azerbaijani||13||167|
|07||Kyrgyzstan||Non-Stop||"Seze bil" (Сезе бил)||Kyrgyz||4||196|
|08||Turkmenistan||Züleyha Kakayeva||"Shikga-Shikga bilerzik"||Turkmen||5||192|
|09||Yakutia||Vladlena Ivanova (Sakhaya)||"Kyn"||Yakut||7||183|
|10||Bulgaria||İsmail Matev||"Yollara, Taşlara"||Turkish||11||172|
|11||Azerbaijan||Elvin Ordubadli||"Divlerin Yalqizliği"||Azerbaijani||9||177|
|12||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Mensur Salkić||"Šutim/Susuyorum"||Bosnian||10||176|
|13||Macedonia||Kaan Mazhar||"Yolumu Bulurum"||Turkish||14||166|
|14||Moscow||Kazan World||"Sine kötäm" (Сине көтәм)||Tatar||12||170|
|15||Tatarstan||Aydar Söläymanov||"Atlar çaba" (Атлар чаба)||Tatar||2||201|
Below is a summary of the maximum 10 points each country awarded to another in the semifinal:
|N.||Contestant||Nation(s) giving 10 points|
|13||Tatarstan||Azerbaijan, Crimea, Germany, Georgia, Iran, Karachay-Cherkessia & Kabardino Balkaria, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Romania, Turkmenistan, Tuva, Uzbekistan, Yakutia|
|10||Kazakhstan||Azerbaijan, Crimea, Georgia, Karachay-Cherkessia & Kabardino Balkaria, Khakassia, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tuva, Uzbekistan, Yakutia|
|8||Turkey||Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Germany, Khakassia, Macedonia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Iraq|
|6||Bashkortostan||Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Kazakhstan, Khakassia, Tatarstan, Turkmenistan|
|5||Macedonia||Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Romania, Uzbekistan|
|4||Bosnia & Herzegovina||Albania, Bulgaria, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia|
|Bulgaria||Albania, Bashkortstan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Germany|
|Kyrgyzstan||Bashkortostan, Kazakhstan, Khakassia, Karachay-Cherkessia & Kabardino Balkaria,|
|Moscow||Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan|
|Yakutia||Crimea, Kyrgyzstan, Tuva, Uzbekistan|
|3||Albania||Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Macedonia|
|Gagauzia||Bashkortostan, Khakassia, Ukraine|
|Romania||Bulgaria, Germany, Macedonia|
Below is a summary of the maximum 10 points each country awarded to another in the final:
|N.||Contestant||Nation(s) giving 10 points|
|19||Kazakhstan||Azerbaijan, Bashkortostan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Crimea, Gagauzia, Georgia, Karachay-Cherkessia & Kabardino Balkaria, Khakassia, Kyrgyzstan, Moscow, Tatarstan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuva, Uzbekistan, Yakutia|
|8||Bashkortostan||Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Gagauzia, Kazakhstan, Khakassia, Tuva, Uzbekistan, Yakutia|
|7||Azerbaijan||Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Georgia, Macedonia, Turkey, Uzbekistan, Ukraine|
|6||Bosnia & Herzegovina||Albania, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Turkey, Uzbekistan|
|Kyrgyzstan||Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kazakhstan, Khakassia, Uzbekistan, Yakutia|
|Tatarstan||Crimea, Turkey, Romania, Turkmenistan,Uzbekistan|
|5||Bulgaria||Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Macedonia, Romania, Uzbekistan|
|Turkmenistan||Bosnia & Herzegovina, Macedonia, Iraq, Ukraine, Uzbekistan|
|4||Macedonia||Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Romania, Uzbekistan|
|Turkey||Gagauzia, Tatarstan, Moscow, Uzbekistan|
|Uzbekistan||Albania, Macedonia, Turkmenistan, Tuva|
|Yakutia||Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tuva, Uzbekistan|
|3||Turkey||Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan|
Funda Kiliç Outfit
Following the semi final it was reported that Funda Kiliç came under criticism from a number of delegations for performing in shorts. The Head of the delegation for Bashkortostan stated that it was outrageous for Funda to be wearing the shorts in front of 300 million viewers. The singer who represented Turkey at the contest did however have the support of the contest organisers. In the final Funda did not opt to wear the same outfit as in the semi final.
International broadcasts and voting
National jury members
Each participating country is represented by one jury member, confirmed as being on the jury were:
- Albania - Avni Qahili
- Azerbaijan - Eldar Gasimov
- Bashkortostan - Aigul Akhmadeeva
- Bosnia & Herzegovina - Ahmed Švrakić
- Crimea - Seyran Mambetov
- Georgia - Afik Novruzov
- Iran - Javat Abrahem
- Iraq - Fethullah Ahmed Salih
- Karachay-Cherkessia - Nadezhda Hadzhieva
- Kazakhstan - Bolat Mazhagulov
- Kyrgyzstan - Gulnur Satylganova
- Macedonia - Eran Hasip
- Moscow - Arman Davletyarov
- Tatarstan - Dina Garipova
- Turkey - Sinan Akçıl
- Turkmenistan - Atageldi Garyagdyyew
- Uzbekistan - Mansur Tashmatov
- Yakutia - Vladimir Indigirsky
Each participating broadcaster is expected to show the contest live enabling the public to vote in the contest. The broadcasters that have been confirmed so far are:
- Azerbaijan – ATV Azerbaijan
- Bashkortostan – Kurai Television
- Bosnia & Herzegovina – Hayat TV
- Crimea – Crimea Public Radio and Television
- Gagauzia – GRT Television
- Georgia – Marmueli Television
- Germany - Türkshow
- Iran - IRIB
- Iraq - Turkmenli Television
- Kazakhstan – Adam Media Group (Commentators - Timur Serzhanov & Arman Duisenov)
- Karachay-Cherkessia - Arhiz 24
- Khakassia - RTV
- Kyrgyzstan – KTRK
- Macedonia – MRT 2
- Northern Cyprus – Kibris Genc Television
- Omsk Oblast - GTRK Omsk
- Romania - Alpha Media TV
- Russia – TMB Russia - Your World East (non-participating)
- Tatarstan – Maydan Television
- Turkey – TMB TV
- Ukraine - ODTRK Odessa
- Altai Republic
- Northern Cyprus – The region of Northern Cyprus had initially selected İpek Amber to represent them with the song "Sessiz gidiş" (Silent leaving). But it was later announced that it was highly likely they would have to withdraw due to political technicalities. The singer was to enter Tatarstan using a Northern Cypriot passport. However, due to the Cyprus dispute, the International recognition of Northern Cyprus as a self-declared state is not recognised by Russia, thus denying entry into Tatarstan, a federal subject of Russia.
- Eurovision Song Contest 2014
- Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2014
- ABU TV Song Festival 2014
- ABU Radio Song Festival 2014
- Eurovision Young Musicians 2014
- "Turkvizyon 2014 semifinal" (Podcast). myvideo.az. 19 November 2014. Event occurs at 20:20. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- "Bashkortostan: Zaman To Turkvizyon". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix. 31 October 2014. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- "Azerbaijan: Eldar To Judge & Perform At Turkvizyon". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix. 19 November 2014. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- "Where Will Turkvision Be Held, In Which Country Is Turkvision". Turkvizyon. 15 October 2013. Archived from the original on 11 March 2016. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- Granger, Anthony (20 July 2014). "Turkvizyon '14: Agreement signed with a number of countries". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Dinç, Ali Berke (22 July 2014). "Türkvizyon 2014 TatNeft Arena'da yapılacak". turesc.net. Eurovision Turkey. Archived from the original on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- Granger, Anthony (17 July 2014). "Türkvizyon'14: Contest Dates Announced". Eurovoix.com. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "Ulkeler" [Countries]. turkvizyon.tv (in Turkish). Turkvizyon.tv. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- Granger, Anthony (10 September 2014). "Turkvizyon '14: Germany to début". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- Fidan, Mustafa (20 November 2014). "Turkvizyon 2014: 15 entries qualified for the final". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- Granger, Anthony (19 November 2014). "Exclusive: Voting Fraud At Turkvizyon 2014". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- Granger, Anthony (29 September 2014). "Kabardino-Balkaria & Karachay-Cherkessia: Eldar Zhanikaev Is Selected Again". Eurovoix.com. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- Schneider, Patrick (18 October 2014). "Iraq: Artist for Türkvizyon presented". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- Granger, Anthony (17 November 2014). "Türkvizyon'14: Semi Final Running Order Announced". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix. Retrieved 17 November 2014.
- Granger, Anthony (21 November 2014). "Turkvizyon'14: Kazakhstan Wins!". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- Khasanova, Elvira. "Zhyuri konkursa Turkvision-2014 protiv togo, chtoby uchastniki vystupali na stsene v trusakh". Pro Kazan. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "Turkvizyon 2014: All You Need To Know". Eurovoix.com. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- Nauryzbaev, Yerlan. "Final of the competition Turkvizyon-2014 22.00 on the TV channel "Khabar" do not miss it". Khabar. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "The golden voice of the Turkish people will choose to live on Channel 12". GTRK Omsk. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Turkvision 2013 Participants and Songs". Turkvision.info. 16 October 2013. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- Granger, Anthony (22 October 2014). "Northern Cyprus: İpek Amber Is Off To Kazan". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- Granger, Anthony (17 November 2014). "Northern Cyprus: Turkvizyon Withdrawl [sic] Looks Likely". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix. Retrieved 17 November 2014.