Tōbu-Utsunomiya Station entrance in 2009
|Location||5-4 Miyazono-cho, Utsunomiya-shi, Tochigi-ken
|Operated by||Tobu Railway|
|Line(s)||Tobu Utsunomiya Line|
|Distance||24.3 km from Shin-Tochigi|
|Platforms||1 bay platform|
|Opened||11 August 1931|
|Passengers (FY2014)||10,194 daily|
Tōbu-Utsunomiya Station (東武宇都宮駅 Tōbu-Utsunomiya-eki) is a railway station on the Tobu Utsunomiya Line in Utsunomiya, Tochigi, Japan, operated by the private railway operator Tobu Railway. The station is numbered "TN-40".
The station consists of a bay platform located on the second floor ("2F") level, serving two terminating tracks.
|2/3||■ Tobu Utsunomiya Line||for Shin-Tochigi|
|Tobu Utsunomiya Line|
|Esojima||Limited Express Shimotsuke||Terminus|
Tobu-Utsunomiya opened on 11 August 1931.
From 17 March 2012, station numbering was introduced on Tobu lines, with Tobu-Utsunomiya Station becoming "TN-40".
In fiscal 2014, the station was used by an average of 10,194 passengers daily.
The station is located in the same building as the Tobu Department Store in the commercial centre of the city of Utsunomiya. JR East's Utsunomiya Station is located 1.6 km east of the station and connected with this station by frequent bus services.
- Tochigi Prefectural Capital building
- Utsunomiya City Hall
- Utsunomiya Central Post Office
- Site of former Utsunomiya Castle
- Terada, Hirokazu (19 January 2013). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways] (in Japanese). Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 223. ISBN 978-4-7770-1336-4.
- 「東武スカイツリーライン」誕生！ あわせて駅ナンバリングを導入し、よりわかりやすくご案内します [Tobu Sky Tree Line created! Station numbering to be introduced at same time] (pdf). Tobu News (in Japanese). Tobu Railway. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 26 May 2015.
- 「駅情報(乗降人員) 企業情報 東武鉄道ポータルサイト (in Japanese). Tobu Railway. 8 October 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tōbu-Utsunomiya Station.|
- Official website (in Japanese)