8.8 km (Yonezawa Nan-yō Road) (16.8 mi)
|Existed:||1997 – present|
|From:||Fukushima Junction in Fukushima, Fukushima
|To:||Obanazawa-Ōishida Interchange in Obanazawa, Yamagata
Obanazawa Shinjō Road
National Route 347
|Major cities:||Yonezawa, Yamagata|
|National highways of Japan
Expressways of Japan
The Tōhoku-Chūō Expressway (東北中央自動車道? Tōhoku-Chūō Jidōsha-dō) (lit. Central Tōhoku Expressway) is a 2-laned national expressway in the Tōhoku region of Japan. It is owned and operated by East Nippon Expressway Company.
The expressway is incomplete in many areas, however it is planned to eventually connect Fukushima Prefecture with Akita Prefecture via Yamagata Prefecture. From Fukushima to Yonezawa the route is incomplete; this section is to be built according to the New Direct Control System and will operate toll-free upon completion. From Yonezawa, a short toll road signed as the Yonezawa Nan-yō Road is designed to become part of the expressway route in the future. As of April 2008 the current Tōhoku-Chūō Expressway extends from Yamagata-Kaminoyama Interchange to Higashine Interchange, with a future extension to the city of Obanazawa planned. North of Obanazawa, various expressway-standard roads (bypasses of National Route 13) make up the remaining distance to the city of Yokote in Akita Prefecture.
The speed limit is 70 km/h along the entire route.
List of interchanges and features
- IC - interchange, JCT - junction, BR - bridge, TB - toll gate
- Yonezawa-kita IC - Nan-yō Takahata IC : Yonezawa Nan-yō Road
- "Yamagata Shimbun, November 21, 2007". Retrieved 2008-05-12.
- "E-NEXCO Expressway Data". Retrieved 2008-04-13.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. "High Standard Trunk Road Map" (PDF). Archived from the original (pdf) on September 20, 2011. Retrieved 2008-04-13.
- "E-NEXCO Planned Routes". Retrieved 2008-04-14.
- (Japanese) East Nippon Expressway Company
|This Fukushima Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Akita Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a location in Yamagata Prefecture is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to the roads and highways in Japan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|