T-R-O-U-B-L-E is the American country music artist Travis Tritt's third album, released on Warner Bros. Records in 1992. Five singles were released from the album; in order of release, these were "Lord Have Mercy on the Working Man", "Can I Trust You with My Heart", "T-R-O-U-B-L-E", "Looking Out for Number One ", and "Worth Every Mile". Respectively, these reached numbers 5, 1, 13, 11, and 30 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts between 1992 and 1993. The album itself was certified 2× Platinum by the RIAA for U.S. shipments of two million copies.
"Lord Have Mercy on the Working Man" was the first single released from this album. This song, written by Kostas, features Brooks & Dunn, T. Graham Brown, George Jones, Little Texas, Dana McVicker, Tanya Tucker and Porter Wagoner as backing vocalists on the final chorus. Two cover songs are also included: the title track, originally a single in 1975 for Elvis Presley, and "Leave My Girl Alone", previously recorded by Stevie Ray Vaughan on his 1989 album In Step, and Chicago blues guitarist Buddy Guy before that.
- "Looking Out for Number One" (Travis Tritt, Troy Seals) – 3:30
- "Can I Trust You With My Heart" (Tritt, Stewart Harris) – 3:34
- "T-R-O-U-B-L-E" (Jerry Chesnut)– 3:00
- "When I Touch You" (Tritt, Harris) – 3:56
- "Lord Have Mercy on the Working Man" (Kostas) – 4:55
- "I Wish I Could Go Back Home" (Tritt) – 4:07
- "A Hundred Years from Now" (Marty Stuart) – 2:54
- "Blue Collar Man" (Tritt, Gary Rossington) – 3:47
- "Worth Every Mile" (Tritt) – 5:06
- "Leave My Girl Alone" (Buddy Guy) – 8:52
As listed in liner notes.
- Sam Bacco - timpani, cymbals, crotales, tambourine, marimba, cabasa, wobble board, spoons, broom
- Richard Bennett - acoustic guitar, slide guitar, first solo on "Lord Have Mercy on the Working Man"
- Mike Brignardello - bass guitar
- Larry Byrom - electric slide guitar, acoustic guitar
- John Catchings - cello
- John Cowan - background vocals
- Wendell Cox - electric guitar & second solo on "Lord Have Mercy on the Working Man"
- Terry Crisp - baritone steel guitar, Dobro
- David Davidson - violin
- Stuart Duncan - fiddle
- Connie Heard - violin
- Jack Holder - electric guitar
- John Jorgenson - electric guitar, six string bass, solo on "When I Touch You" and "A Hundred Years from Now"
- Billy Livsey - Wurlitzer piano, Hammond organ, harmonium, clavinet
- Dennis Locorriere - background vocals
- Dana McVicker - background vocals
- Edgar Meyer - string arrangements, arco bass
- Mark O'Connor - fiddle on "Worth Every Mile"
- Bobby Ogdin - Hammond organ, piano
- Hargus "Pig" Robbins - piano
- Matt Rollings - piano
- Gary Rossington - electric guitar
- Jimmy Joe Ruggiere - harmonica
- Steve Turner - drums
- Billy Joe Walker Jr. - acoustic guitar, electric guitar, slide guitar
- Kristin Wilkinson - viola
- Dennis Wilson - background vocals
- Curtis Young - background vocals
- Reggie Young - electric guitar and solo on "Can I Trust You With My Heart"
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums
|U.S. Billboard 200
|Canadian RPM Country Albums
|Canadian RPM Top Albums
- ^ T-R-O-U-B-L-E (CD). Travis Tritt. Warner Bros. Records. 1992. 45048.