|Single by AC/DC|
|from the album T.N.T.|
|B-side||"I'm a Rocker"|
|Released||1 March 1976|
|AC/DC singles chronology|
"T.N.T." is a song released in 1975 by the hard rock band AC/DC, taken from their Australian album T.N.T. and the international version of High Voltage. It was released as a single in 1976 and was written by Bon Scott, Angus Young and Malcolm Young. It peaked at No.11 on the Australian Kent Music Report Singles Chart.
A slightly modified line from the song, "Lock up your daughters", was used as the title of AC/DC's first headlining tour of Great Britain in 1976 after the band's move from Melbourne, Australia, to London, earlier that year. "T.N.T." later appeared on Live and the Live: 2 CD Collector's Edition, with Brian Johnson providing vocals.
- Bon Scott – lead vocals
- Angus Young – lead guitar
- Malcolm Young – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Mark Evans – bass guitar
- Phil Rudd – drums
- Harry Vanda – producer
- George Young – producer
- American death metal band Six Feet Under recorded a cover version of the song for their album Graveyard Classics.
|Song by Anthrax|
|from the EP Anthems|
|Released||March 19, 2013|
The Anthrax cover of this song was released on their 2013 covers EP Anthems. Fittingly they debuted the song live February 21, 2013 at The HiFi in Brisbane, Australia ahead of Soundwave. Later on their tour in the US, Slash and Kirk Hammett (at separate gigs) joined them for this song.
In popular culture
- The song was played in commercials for Napoleon Dynamite.
- The song appears on the soundtrack to the game Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4.
- After the September 11 attacks, the song was included on a widely circulated Clear Channel employee's list of potentially upsetting songs.
- The song appears in the 6th season Christmas episode of That '70s Show.
- The song is used by several sports teams, including the San Francisco Giants, the Ottawa Senators, the Cleveland Indians, the San Jose SaberCats, the Fremantle Dockers, the Wisconsin Badgers, Los Angeles Kings, the Portland Winterhawks, and the Prince George Cougars.
- The song was used as ring entry music by British professional wrestler Mark "Rollerball" Rocco (Mark Hussey) on non-televised shows for All Star Promotions in the 1980s and early 1990s. A current wrestler for this same promotion, Robbie "The Body" Dynamite (Rob Berzins) has also been using this as his ring entry music since the early 2000s.
- The song was played in the movies Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby and Shiner.
- Vancouver radio station CFMI-FM created a song parody titled "PNE", to reflect on the exhibition's fair event.
- The song is used by the Atlanta Braves when Peter Moylan (like the band, an Australian) comes into the game to pitch, and is also the entrance music of Baltimore Orioles catcher Taylor Teagarden.
- The song has been used in several promotions of the American channel TNT in the mid 1990s and also for their NASCAR Summer Series from 2010 to 2014.
- Kid Rock alludes to part of the song's lyrics, "I'm T.N.T., I'm dynamite", in the song "Welcome 2 the Party (Ode 2 the Old School)" from the album Devil Without a Cause.
- Bob Rivers wrote a parody called "CNN", which is about a person who is addicted to the news network. This version also contains pieces of lyrics from the original song.
- The song appears in an episode of Bob's Burgers where Bob performs a striptease to his wife Linda.
- The beginnings of the song can be found in the Marcus Hook Roll Band track "Quick Reaction".
- Network Ten uses the chorus of the song as their theme for their coverage of the Big Bash League.
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992. St Ives, NSW: Australian Chart Book Ltd. ISBN 0-646-11917-6. Note: Used for Australian Singles and Albums charting from 1974 until Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) created their own charts in mid-1988. In 1992, Kent back calculated chart positions for 1970–1974.
- Saulnier, Jason (30 September 2011). "Mark Evans Interview". Music Legends. Archived from the original on 7 November 2012. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- "Anthrax Covers AC/DC's 'T.N.T.'". Ultimateclassicrock.com. 2013-02-22. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- "Anthrax Cover AC/DC's 'T.N.T.' – Exclusive Song Premiere". Loudwire.com. 2013-02-22. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 Soundtrack Song List - IGN FAQs". Faqs.ign.com. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "Clear Channel Banned Songs". snopes.com. Retrieved 2012-08-13.