T.S. Nowlin is an American screenwriter best known for writing The Maze Runner.
Early life and career
Nowlin wrote his debut screenplay in 2014 of a science fiction action film The Maze Runner, which was directed by Wes Ball. He also wrote the script of its sequel film Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, released in 2015, and Maze Runner: The Death Cure, the final installment of the trilogy.
In 2010, it was reported that Nowlin had written a spec script Columbus about Christopher Columbus, which was bought by Relativity Media with McG attached to direct the film. He also wrote a western thriller spec Wild Guns which he sold to Warner Bros. in April 2011, Gianni Nunnari would produce the film through Hollywood Gang Productions.
In April 2012, it was reported that Universal Pictures had bought the distribution rights to Agent 13, an adaptation of comic book Agent 13: The Midnight Avenger, adapted by Nowlin with Charlize Theron attached to star and Rupert Wyatt to direct. Later in July 2012, 20th Century Fox hired Ball and Nowlin to co-write the script of feature live-action adaptation of Ball's animated short film Ruin, which Ball would also direct. In October 2012, Nowlin's spec script Our Name Is Adam was bought by producer Mary Parent with attaching Tom Cruise to play the lead role. In March 2017, Legendary Entertainment announced that Nowlin, amongst other writers, had joined their writers room to develop the story for Godzilla vs. Kong.
|2008||Medicine for Melancholy||Special thanks||As Thomas Scott Nowlin|
|The Maze Runner||Screenplay by||Co-wrote screenplay with Noah Oppenheim and Grant Pierce Myers|
|2015||Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials||Screenplay by, executive producer|
|Manson Family Vacation||Executive producer|
|2017||Phoenix Forgotten||Written by, producer||Co-wrote with Justin Barber|
|2018||Maze Runner: The Death Cure||Screenplay by|
|Pacific Rim: Uprising||Written by||Co-wrote with Steven S. DeKnight & Emily Carmichael & Kira Snyder|
- Jr, Mike Fleming (October 10, 2013). "Bullish On 'The Maze Runner', Fox Moves Ahead With 'The Scorch Trials'". Deadline. Retrieved December 5, 2016.
- Busch, Anita (March 4, 2015). "'Maze Runner: The Death Cure' Sets T.S. Nowlin To Pen". Deadline. Retrieved December 5, 2016.
- Gallagher, Brian (November 21, 2016). "Pacific Rim 2 First Look at John Boyega On Set". MovieWeb. Retrieved December 5, 2016.
- Jr, Mike Fleming (October 17, 2010). "Space Pioneer Richard Branson Discovers McG's 'Columbus' For First Spec Buy". Deadline. Retrieved December 5, 2016.
- Weinstein, Joshua L. (April 4, 2011). "Warner Bros. Buys 'Wild Guns' From T.S. Nowlin". TheWrap. Retrieved December 5, 2016.
- Kit, Borys (April 20, 2012). "Universal Picking Up Charlize Theron Sci-Fi Project 'Agent 13'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 5, 2016.
- Kit, Borys (July 19, 2012). "Fox Negotiating to Pick Up Animated Short Film 'Ruin' for McG-Produced Feature (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 5, 2016.
- Sneider, Jeff (October 17, 2012). "Tom Cruise circling Mary Parent sci-fi project". Variety. Retrieved December 5, 2016.
- Kit, Borys (March 10, 2017). "'Godzilla vs. Kong' Film Sets Writers Room (Exclusive)". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 10, 2017.