G. Govindarajulu Naidu
G. Govindarajulu Naidu (Tamil: ஜி. கோவிந்தராஜுலு நாயுடு) was an acclaimed music director in the olden days of the south Indian film industry. He is senior to the other great music directors such as G. Ramanathan, S. V. Venkatraman and S. M. Subbaiah Naidu. He composed music for Tamil and Telugu movies.
His family stayed in Thiruchi. This is where M. K. Thyagaraja Bhagavathar (MKT) used to sing in their house and G. Govindarajulu Naidu introduced MKT to his children. G. Govindarajulu is a harmonium player in special dramas, but was also known as the one who taught music for K. B. Sundarambal. He also sold musical instruments and gramophone in Thiruchi, but the business was not doing very well.
T. G. Lingappa, another famous music director is the second son G. Govindarajulu Naidu. It is from his father that T. G. Lingappa had learned to play several musical instruments. In 1940, G. Govindarajulu Naidu took his family to Madras to look for greener pasture there.
Few may be the films that came his way in a career spanning 3 decades, G. Govindarajulu Naidu but has left a lingering impact in his creations especially movies like Andhaman Kaidhi, Manithanum Mirugamum, Maya Manithan, Baghdad Thirudan and Raja Bakthi.
He worked with singers like Thiruchi Loganathan, M. L. Vasanthakumari, C. S. Jayaraman, R. Balasaraswathi Devi, P. Leela, Jikki, T. V. Rathinam, A. P. Komala, N. L. Ganasaraswathi, A. M. Rajah, Ghantasala, T. M. Soundararajan, Seerkazhi Govindarajan, Radha Jayalakshmi, K. Jamuna Rani, P. Suseela and S. Janaki.
Some compositions of G. Govindarajulu Naidu:
- kaaNi nilam vENdum from Andhaman Kaidhi by C. S. Jayaraman & M. L. Vasanthakumari
- vaazhvin jeevan kaadhalE from Andhaman Kaidhi by Ghantasala / P. Leela
- anju rooba nOttai from Andhaman Kaidhi by T. V. Rathinam
- paarmuzhuthum irul parappum from Raja Bakthi by R. Balasaraswathi Devi
- inba kuyil kuralinimai from Manithanum Mirugamum by A. M. Rajah & M. L. Vasanthakumari
- imayamalai chaaralilE from Manithanum Mirugamum by M. L. Vasanthakumari
- kaalamenum siRpi seiyyum from Manithanum Mirugamum by C. S. Jayaraman
- manadhil urudhi vENdum by T. M. Soundararajan & P. Bhanumathi
- kanna kanna vaaraai from Maya Manithan by Jikki
- sokkudhE manam suththudhE jagam from Baghdad Thirudan by P. Suseela
Music direction in Tamil Movies.
|1938||Sri Kandha Leela||Tamil||Arshadrai Mehta||Premier Cinetone|
|1941||Venuganam||Tamil||Murugadasa (Muthuswami Iyer)||Jewel Pictures|
|1952||Andhaman Kaidhi||Tamil||V. Krishnan||Radhakrishna Films|
|1953||Manidhanum Mirugamum||Tamil||K. Vembu & S. D. Sundaram||Revathi Productions|
|1955||Kalvanin Kadhali||Tamil||V. S. Raghavan||Revathi Productions||Ghantasala|
|1955||Santhasakku||Kannada||R. Krishnan & S. Panju||Sri Panduranga Productions|
|1959||Patharai Mathu Thangam||Tamil||K. S. Mani||Manivel Pictures|
|1960||Baghdad Thirudan||Tamil||T. R. Sundaram||Modern Theatres|
|1960||Raja Bakthi||Tamil||K. Vembu||Nandhi Pictures|