T. J. Jackson (singer)
- For the Boston City Council member, see Tito Jackson (politician)
Tito Joe Jackson
|Birth name||Tito Joe Jackson|
|Born||July 16, 1978|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Years active||1989–2005, 2013–present|
- 1 Career
- 1.1 The Lost Album (1998-2002)
- 1.2 Identity (2003–2005)
- 1.3 On-and-off appearances (2007–2011)
- 1.4 Co-guardianship of Michael Jackson's children (2012)
- 1.5 Sharing Love Charity Tour Italy (2013)
- 1.6 The Big Reunion TV show (2014)
- 1.7 The Big Reunion Boy Band Tour (2014)
- 1.8 The Netherlands (2014)
- 1.9 Foute Party (2015)
- 2 Filmography
- 3 Personal life
- 4 References
3T released their debut album Brotherhood in 1995. The album sold approximately three million copies worldwide. The group achieved an international hit with their debut single "Anything". 3T released several hit singles in Europe, including "24/7", "Why" (a duet with their uncle Michael Jackson), "I Need You" (with a brief appearance by Michael), "Tease Me" and "Gotta Be You". In 1996, they were ranked second behind the Spice Girls, as the biggest-selling group in Europe. 3T have also written and produced songs for soundtracks to films such as The Jacksons: An American Dream, Free Willy, Free Willy 2: The Adventure Home, Men in Black and Trippin'. Taryll and TJ have written/produced tracks for their aunt Janet Jackson as well as for Lindsay Lohan and Bruno Mars. In early 1997, they went on a hugely successful European tour with their album Brotherhood, which included all of the songs from the album, as well as a Jackson 5 tribute (featuring Tito 'Poppa T') and a surprise performance of the Oasis hit, "Wonderwall".
The Lost Album (1998-2002)
Over 20 songs were recorded for the album and only 12 would have been on it. 3T completed the album in-between Brotherhood (1995) and Identity (2004). The album however was never released by Sony, due to strained relationships between Michael Jackson (MJJ Music) and Sony. This album is considered by many fans to be The Lost Album.
After signing with the French label TF1/NRJ in 2003, 3T continued to perform in France, the Netherlands and Belgium. The group signed with the Dutch label Digidance in 2004 for Dutch releases, appearances and performances. The album titled Identity was released on March 23, 2004. Two singles were released: "Stuck On You" (a cover of the Lionel Richie song) was released in 2003 in France and Belgium and in 2004 in the Netherlands, and "Sex Appeal" in 2004. Neither single was released outside of Europe. In 2008, 3T made Identity available on both iTunes and amazon.com worldwide.
On-and-off appearances (2007–2011)
The brothers appeared on the show This Is David Gest in 2007, including recording the theme tune "Crazy Kinda Guy". The show began on April 22, 2007. They appeared in an episode where Gest took cameras for a rare glimpse of the Jackson family house in Encino, California, where he met Tito and 3T as well as matriarch Katherine Jackson, as well as a later episode showing them recording the theme tune.
During the summer of 2008, the Jackson family (including Tito) stayed at a holiday let (rental) for six weeks in Appledore, Devon, England while searching for a house to buy in the area. The project was filmed for a Channel 4 documentary called The Jacksons are Coming, which was aired in 2008. Taj and TJ appear with their father, but Taryll did not join them on the trip. The three family members also attended a Michael Jackson fan event in Devon as part of their stay, ringing him up during the event which led to Michael talking to the fans over a loudspeaker on the phone.
On January 31, 2010, the three brothers appeared on stage at the 52nd Grammy Awards to support their cousins Prince Michael, Jr. and Paris Michael Katherine Jackson as they accepted the Lifetime Achievement Award on behalf of their father, Michael Jackson. On February 1, 2010, all 3 brothers then appeared in the remake of "We Are The World", this time in aid of the Haiti Appeal. However, they did not sing main parts of the song, only in the background. Currently, Taj is working on the Code Z zombie series and a science fiction project called Clone 3. TJ was selected to play the role of Prince Jean-Luc in the new stage version of Larry Hart's musical Sisterella that was scheduled to premiere in the fall of 2011. Taryll is working on his first solo album that he hopes will make his family and fans proud.
On October 8, 2011, 3T performed at the Michael Forever – The Tribute Concert held at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. They performed the Jacksons' track "Heartbreak Hotel" (also known as "This Place Hotel") followed by their own number 2 hit single "Why", which was originally a duet recorded with Michael for their 1995 album Brotherhood. At the end of the performance of "Why", all 3 brothers broke down into tears. They then appeared in the finale of the show performing Michael's hit "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough" with various other performers from the concert as well as members of the Jackson family who had been in attendance, including Michael's children Prince, Paris and Blanket (Prince II).
Co-guardianship of Michael Jackson's children (2012)
On August 25, 2012, a judge granted TJ guardianship over Michael Jackson's children Michael Joseph "Prince" Jackson Jr., Paris Katherine Jackson and Prince Michael "Blanket" Jackson II along with his grandmother Katherine Jackson. On November 1, 2017, Jackson resigned as co-guardian of Michael's youngest son, Blanket. Jackson stated her reasons for resigning included her own advanced age, the fact that Michael's older children Prince and Paris were now adults, and that Blanket was now 15 years old. T.J. Jackson was, without objection, awarded sole custody of Blanket.
Sharing Love Charity Tour Italy (2013)
After almost two years away from the stage, 3T performed live on stage in Rome, Milan, Torino and Verona during four charity concerts in Italy from December 5 to 8th. 3T performed a 30-minute show and the set list featured 'Stuck On You', 'Anything', 'I Need You', the new song 'Forever Girl', 'With You', a jam session (Ed Sheeran's 'The A-Team', Oasis' 'Wonderwall' and 'Give Me All Your Lovin') and 'We Are The World'. Proceeds of the events go to Sharing Love Foundation and will be used to build a kindergarten to help poor children in Maikon in the Chalbi desert in northern Kenya. The charity organisation Sharing Love was founded in 2009 by Maria Luisa Andrew and Francesca Giurgila from Romania.
The Big Reunion TV show (2014)
On December 26, 2013, British television station ITV2 announced that 3T would be part of season 2 of The Big Reunion. The episodes were broadcast on ITV between February 6 and March 27, 2014. The bands that are taking part in the 2014 TV show are: 3T, A1, Damage, Eternal, Girl Thing and 5th Story. On February 21 the concert took place in a sold out Hammersmith Apollo in London and broadcast on ITV on March 27, 2014.
The Big Reunion Boy Band Tour (2014)
The Netherlands (2014)
On September 27, 2014, 3T performed at a sold out Back 2 The 90's event in Ahoy Rotterdam. The next day, on September 28, 2014, 3T were special guests on the popular Dutch TV show Carlo & Irene: Life 4 You. 3T share a special history with Carlo & Irene since they have been guests on their previous TV shows Telekids in 1996 and Carlo & Irene: Life & Cooking in 2003. During their interview on Carlo & Irene: Life 4 You, talked about their performance at the Back 2 The 90's event and performed one of their new songs called "Forever Girl". On September 29, 2014, 3T were guests at dj Giel Beelen on radio NPO 3FM. After their interview with DJ Giel Beelen, 3T performed "I Need You" live on radio NPO 3FM. 3T also visited DJ One'sy on FunX radio where one lucky fan got the chance to meet Taj, Taryll and TJ in the studio because she won the meet and greet contest organised by FunX radio.
Foute Party (2015)
On March 12, 2015, Dutch radio station Q-music announced 3T would perform at the Foute Party on June 26, 2015. The event would take place at the Brabanthallen in 's Hertogenbosch, Netherlands. On March 17, 2015 Dutch radio station Q-music announced the show of June 26, 2015 had sold out. A second show would take place on June 27, 2015 where 3T would also be part of the lineup.
Jackson dated Kim Kardashian in high school, from 1994 to 1996.
In 2007, Jackson married his long time partner Frances Casey.
Jackson is the father of four children: Royal; born on October 23, 1999, Dee Dee; born on March 20, 2008, Jo Jo; born on November 30, 2010 and Rio; born on March 10, 2015. as well as two stepchildren, Sage and Lexci with his wife Frances. In addition, Jackson is also the legal guardian of his cousin Blanket and formerly shared co-legal guardianship of Blanket, Prince and Paris Jackson with his grandmother Katherine. Jackson currently resides in his grandmother's residence.
- "The Lost Album". 3t.com. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- "The Jacksons to hit reality TV - in Devon". Telegraph.co.uk. Telegraph Media Group. 2008-04-02. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- Hume, Mick (2008-11-28). "Last Night's TV: The Jacksons Are Coming". The Times. London: Times Newspapers. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- Gilbert, Matthew (December 12, 2009). "Jacksons + reality doesn't compute". The Boston Globe.
- "Taj". Jackson Source. 1973-08-04. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- Janneke. "TJ - Jackson Source: updates about THE JACKSONS: A Family Dynasty, The World's Most Popular Music Family & Pop Royalty". Jackson-source.com. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- "Taryll". Jackson Source. 2011-10-08. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on October 29, 2011. Retrieved October 27, 2011.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Katherine Jackson resigns as Blanket Jackson's co-guardian". Yahoo.com. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on August 13, 2014. Retrieved August 13, 2014.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Sharing Love charity tour in Italy". 3t.com. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- Wightman, Catriona (December 27, 2013). "Eternal, A1 and a supergroup: Big Reunion series two lineup unveiled". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- "The Big Reunion Boy Band Tour". ITV.com. Retrieved: 2014-08-12
- "RTL XL". RTL XL. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- "RTL XL". RTL XL. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- "BNNVARA is een onafhankelijke, maatschappelijk betrokken en vooruitstrevende publieke omroep". Giel.vara.nl. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- "Tickets Foute Party". Q-music.nl. Retrieved: 2015-03-17
- Celebrated 8th anniversary in S01E02 of Jacksons Next Generation
- "Lifetime TV Shows". Mylifetime.com. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- "TJ - 3t.com". 3t.com. Retrieved May 30, 2018.