T. J. Johnson (American football)
Johnson in 2015
|No. 60 Cincinnati Bengals|
|Date of birth:||July 17, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Aynor, South Carolina|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||310 lb (141 kg)|
|High school:||Aynor (SC)|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 7 / Pick: 251|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
|Player stats at PFR|
Anthony Eugene Johnson (born July 17, 1990) is an American football center for the Cincinnati Bengals of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Bengals in the seventh round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at the University of South Carolina and attended Aynor High School in Aynor, South Carolina.
Johnson played high school football for the Aynor High School Blue Jackets. He was named first-team all-state was by the Associated Press his senior year. He played in the 71st-annual Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas and was named to the All-Atlantic Region team by PrepStar magazine.
Johnson played for the South Carolina Gamecocks from 2009 to 2012. He was redshirted in 2008. He earned Freshman All-SEC honors in 2009. He was selected to the second-team on Phil Steele's 2012 Midseason All-America and All-SEC teams. He was a member of the SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll. Johnson started a school record 53 games over his four seasons at the University of South Carolina. He played in the East–West Shrine Game following his senior season.
Johnson was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals with the 251st pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. He signed with the Bengals on May 8, 2013. He was released by the Bengals on August 31 and signed to the team's practice squad on September 1. He was signed to a futures contract by the Bengals on January 6, 2014. He made his NFL debut on September 21, 2014 against the Tennessee Titans.
- "55T.J. JOHNSON". gamecocksonline.com. Retrieved September 24, 2014.
- "T.J. Johnson". pro-football-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved September 24, 2014.
- "T.J. Johnson". kffl.com. Archived from the original on December 4, 2014. Retrieved September 24, 2014.
- Jackson, Zac (March 7, 2017). "Bengals extend tender to T.J. Johnson". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.
- Jackson, Zac (March 17, 2017). "Bengals keep T.J. Johnson with two-year deal". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.