T. J. Lang
Lang with the Green Bay Packers in 2011
|No. 76 – Detroit Lions|
September 20, 1987|
Royal Oak, Michigan
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||318 lb (144 kg)|
|High school:||Bloomfield Hills (MI) Brother Rice|
|NFL Draft:||2009 / Round: 4 / Pick: 109|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
Thomas John "T. J." Lang (born September 20, 1987) is an American football guard for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Eastern Michigan and was drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the fourth round of the 2009 NFL Draft. Lang was a member of the Packers' Super Bowl XLV win over the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Lang was born in Royal Oak, Michigan. He attended Lakeland High School in White Lake, Michigan before transferring to Brother Rice High School in Birmingham, Michigan. He played on both the offensive and defensive line. As a senior, he had 59 tackles, 8.5 sacks, and one fumble recovery on defense.
As a freshman, Lang played in all 11 games as a defensive lineman, recording 11 tackles, in the 2005 season. As a sophomore in 2006 Lang moved to offensive tackle and started all 36 games over the next three years.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 4 in
|5.15 s||1.75 s||2.97 s||4.42 s||26.5 in
|All values are from Pro Day|
Green Bay Packers
Lang was selected in the fourth round (109th overall) by the Green Bay Packers in the 2009 NFL Draft. On July 7, 2009, he signed a contract with the Packers. Lang started his first game at the left tackle position versus the Cleveland Browns due to an injury to Chad Clifton.
On August 14, 2012, Lang signed a four-year contract extension with the Packers worth $20.8 million and a $5.5 million signing bonus through the 2016 season.
- "T.J. Lang - Eastern Michigan, OG : 2009 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved October 31, 2016.
- "T.J. Lang Draft Profile". NFL.com. Retrieved October 31, 2016.
- Dunne, Tyler (August 14, 2012). "Lang earns new deal with Packers". JSOnline.com. Retrieved October 31, 2016.
- Orr, Conor (March 12, 2017). "Detroit Lions sign guard T.J. Lang to three-year deal". NFL.com.
- Twentyman, Tim (January 19, 2018). "T.J. Lang named to 2018 Pro Bowl". DetroitLions.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to T. J. Lang.|