T. N. Manoharan
April 7, 1956 |
|Education||University of Madras
Sri Venkateswara University, Andhra Pradesh
Fellow Chartered Accountant
Law Graduate from Madras Law College, University of Madras, India.
|Occupation||Founding Partner, Manohar Chowdhry & Associates|
|Notable credit(s)||Padma Shri Awardee (2010)
Former president of ICAI,
|Title||Padma Shri, Chartered Accountant|
Manoharan was born in April 1956 in a freedom fighter's family with agricultural background. He obtained a post graduate degree in Commerce from Sri Venkateshwara University and a law degree from Madras Law College. He became a Chartered Accountant in 1983 and set up his public practice in the same year. He is the founding partner of the accounting firm Manohar Chowdhry & Associates, Chennai. He was elected to the central council of ICAI in 2001 and its Vice President in 2005. He remained as a Central Council Member till 2007. He has also chaired various committees of the Institute. In 2006, he was elected as the President of the ICAI. He is also a notable freemason. He was the ARGM of Chennai Area during 2016-17.
In 2009, Manoharan was one of the six members (as representatives of Government of India) appointed to the board of the scandal hit information technology company Satyam Computer Services for restructuring the company. He has been a visiting faculty for Taxation at the Southern India Regional Council (SIRC) of ICAI and the Reserve Bank of India's staff college and has authored text books on Taxation. He is very popular amongst CA Students. In 2009, he won the CNN-IBN "Indian of the Year" award (along with his fellow board members of Mahindra Satyam) in the business category. He was awarded the Padma Shri (India's fourth highest civilian honour) in 2010. He is also a board member of Mahindra & Mahindra and Tech Mahindra. He received 'Business leadership' award from the Finance Minister under the aegis of NDTV Profit. He is presently the Chairman of Canara Bank, one of the largest public sector lenders in India. He is also Member of the Advisory Council of the skill development in BFSI Sector.
- "Mr T.N. Manoharan, past President, ICAI; Dept of Management Studies at N.M.S.S. Vellaisamy Nadar College, Madurai". Business Line. 27 October 2006. Retrieved 26 March 2010.
- "KAMLESH SHIVJI VIKAMSEY AND T.N. MANOHARAN ELECTED PRESIDENT AND VICE-PRESIDENT OF ICAI - (05-02-05)". ICAI. 5 February 2005. Retrieved 26 March 2010.
- "TN Manoharan, recipient of Best Master Award in 2005". Archived from the original on 2010-05-30.
- Hema Ramakrishnan; Sai Deepika Amirapu (31 August 2009). "Raju, family attempted to bid for Satyam: TN Manoharan". The Economic Times. Retrieved 26 March 2010.
- "T. N. Manoharan profile". Mahindra Satyam. Archived from the original on 5 April 2010. Retrieved 26 March 2010.
- "Snowhite Publications". Archived from the original on 23 March 2010. Retrieved 26 March 2010.
- "T.N. Manoharan with students". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 26 October 2009.
- IANS (22 December 2009). "A R Rahman is Indian of the Year 2009". Sify. Retrieved 26 March 2010.
- "2010 Padmashree Award winners". Government of India. Retrieved 26 March 2010.
- Chandra Ranganathan (15 January 2009). "Priority is to prevent default on salaries, payments: Satyam director". The Times Of India. Retrieved 26 March 2010.