T. R. Ramachandran
|T. R. Ramachandran|
T. R. Ramachandran in late 1940s
|Born||January 9, 1917|
|Died||November 30, 1990
Los Angeles, USA
|Cause of death||failed open heart surgery|
|Spouse(s)||R Seetha (Married on Feb 9 1947)|
Thirukampuliyur Ranga Rao Ramachandran (9 January 1917 – 30 November 1990) was an Indian actor and comedian who acted mainly in Tamil films. He was cast mostly in lead or supportive roles, especially in comical parts, from the 1940s to the 1960s. Known for his distinctive saucer-eyes, Ramachandran was known as "The Eddie Cantor of India".
|1938||Nandakumar||First film as actor. Box-office failure|
|1940||Vaayaadi||A hen-pecked husband||First movie as lead|
|Sabapathy||Sabhapathy M.||First hit movie. Ramachandran's most popular role ever|
|1949||Vazhkai||As the "bachelor father"|
|1954||Kalyanam Panniyum Brammachari||Ganapathi|
|Ponvayal||with Anjali Devi as heroine to him ||
|Rajee En Kanmani||as hero in a tragic role.||
|1955||Ellam Inba Mayam|
|Thangamalai Ragasiyam||Prince Azhagesan|
|Kadan Vaangi Kalyanam|
|Neelavukku Niranja Manasu|
|Pattharai Mathu Thangam|
|1960||Baghdad Thirudan||Starred as comedian with MGR|
|Adutha Veetu Penn||Lead Role|
|Padikkadha Medhai||Supporting Role|
|1962||Aalayamani||Aatkondan Pillai's Son|
|1963||Naan Vanangum Dheivam|
|1966||Anbe Vaa||Punniyakodi, father of Geetha (Saroja Devi)|
|Sadhu Mirandal||Pasubathi, Bank Cashier|
- Aggarwal, S. P. Agrawal [and] J. C. (1992). Information India 1990-1991 : global view. New Dehli: Concept publ. p. 477. ISBN 9788170222934.
- "T. R. Ramachandran". gob-smacked.
- Randor Guy (4 May 2013). "Maapillai". The Hindu.
- Randor Guy. "Man with saucer eyes". The Hindu.
- Randor Guy (12 October 2007). "Nandakumar 1938". The Hindu.
- Randor Guy (22 August 2008). "Vaayadi 1940". The Hindu.
- "Nam Iruvar 1947". The Hindu. 30 November 2007.
- Randor Guy. "Vazhkai 1949". The Hindu.
- Randor Guy (20 March 2011). "Kalyanam Panniyum Brahmachari 1954". The Hindu.