|Member of the Sri Lankan Parliament|
|Preceded by||A. Thiagarajah|
|Succeeded by||Neelan Tiruchelvam|
|Born||1 September 1933|
|Died||1 August 1982(aged 48)|
|Political party||All Ceylon Tamil Congress|
|Tamil United Liberation Front|
|Ethnicity||Sri Lankan Tamil|
Thirunavukarasu stood as the All Ceylon Tamil Congress's (ACTC) candidate in Kankesanthurai at the 1970 parliamentary election but was defeated by the Illankai Tamil Arasu Kachchi (Federal Party) candidate S. J. V. Chelvanayakam.
On 14 May 1972 the ACTC, ITAK, Ceylon Workers' Congress, Eelath Thamilar Otrumai Munnani and All Ceylon Tamil Conference formed the Tamil United Front, later renamed Tamil United Liberation Front (TULF). Thirunavukarasu became the TUF's joint treasurer. Thirunavukarasu contested the 1977 parliamentary election as the Tamil United Liberation Front's candidate in Vaddukoddai. He won the election and entered Parliament.
- "Directory of Past Members: Thirunavukarasu, Thamodarampillai". Parliament of Sri Lanka.
- Arumugam, S. (1997). Dictionary of Biography of the Tamils of Ceylon. p. 231.
- "Result of Parliamentary General Election 1970" (PDF). Department of Elections, Sri Lanka. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-12-09.
- Ross, Russell R.; Savada, Andrea Matles, eds. (1990). Sri Lanka : A Country Study (PDF). Library of Congress. p. 51.
- Chattopadhyaya, Haraprasad (1994). Ethnic Unrest in Modern Sri Lanka: An Account of Tamil-Sinhalese Race Relations. M. D. Publications. p. 33. ISBN 81-85880-52-2.
- Amarasinghe, Samanga (2011). Independence to Referendum. Lulu Enterprises. p. 188. ISBN 978-1-105-01908-1.
- Rajasingham, K. T. "Chapter 23: Srimavo's constitutional promiscuity". Sri Lanka: The Untold Story.
- "Result of Parliamentary General Election 1977" (PDF). Department of Elections, Sri Lanka. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-17.
- Rajasingham, K. T. "Chapter 28: Prelude to eruption". Sri Lanka: The Untold Story.