T. V. Mohandas Pai
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
T. V. Mohandas Pai
|Education||Fellow Chartered Accountant|
Law Graduate from Bangalore University.
|'Best CFO in India' award from Finance Asia|
T. V. Mohandas Pai is Padma Shri Awardee and current Chairman of Manipal Global Education (Manipal University). He was a former director of Infosys, and Head – Administration, Education and Research, Financial, Human Resources of Infosys Leadership Institute.
Mohandas Pai joined Infosys in 1994 and served as a Member of the Board from May 2000 – July 2011. He was the chief financial officer from 1994 to 2006. In 2006, he voluntarily demitted the office of CFO to lead efforts in the areas of Human Resources and Education and Research.
As the CFO, he played a strategic role in transforming Infosys into one of the world's most respected and widely known software services companies. He formulated the country's first publicly articulated financial policy for the company. He played a key role in branding the company among the investor community and enhancing transparency and disclosure levels. The Infosys Annual Report, under his supervision, has won the top awards consistently from the Institute of Chartered Accountants and from the South Asian Federation of Accountants.
Mohandas was an integral part of the Infosys team that enabled the first listing of an India-registered company on NASDAQ and the first sponsored secondary offering of American Depositary Shares by an Indian company. He was voted 'CFO of the Year' in 2001 by IMA India. He won the 'Best CFO in India' award from Finance Asia in 2002, and 'Best chief financial officer in India' in the Best Managed Companies poll conducted by AsiaMoney in 2004.
Mohandas has been active in working with regulators to improve the business ecosystem. He was also a Member of the Kelkar Committee, constituted by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India, for reforming direct taxes, the Non-Resident Taxation Committee, the High Powered Committee on e-Commerce and Taxation. He served as a Member of the Board of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) from 12 September to 16 July. He was a Member of the Empowered Committee for setting up the Tax Information Network of the Government of India. He also works with the Union Government and state governments in the fields of education, IT and business. He has been working with decision makers to improve the quality of education and availability of skilled manpower. He has been recently appointed as the head of the panel formed by SEBI Securities and Exchange Board of India to study the impact of fin-tech on securities market.
Mohandas has a keen interest in improving literacy across the country, mainly primary education. In 2000, he, along with others, founded the Akshaya Patra Foundation, Bangalore, to start a midday meal program for school children. Today, the midday meal program feeds over 1,200,000 children in 7,669 government schools across seven states in India, primarily in Bangalore's rural and urban areas, Mysore, Mangalore, Hubli, Mathura, Jaipur, the Baran district of Rajasthan, the Nayagarh district of Odisha, Puri, Bhilai, Guwahati, Ahmedabad, and Vadodara. This program aims to feed 5,000,000 children by 2020. This initiative has turned out to be the largest midday meal program in the world. He has made substantial personal contributions to this program.
Mohandas is a member of the Board of CSIR-Tech Pvt. Ltd. He presently is also on the board of National Stock Exchange of India, India's foremost securities trading exchange  and Havells India Ltd., one of the largest Indian consumer electrical company.
Mohandas holds a bachelor's degree in commerce from St. Joseph's College of Commerce and a bachelor's degree in law (LLB) from Bangalore University. He is also a fellow member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). In 2011, Mohan, an alumnus of Bangalore University, received an offer to co-chair the proposed Bangalore University School of Economics.
He is an ardent supporter of the Akshaya Patra Foundation and is one of the members of the board of trustees of Akshaya Patra. Mohandas has been inducted as an Additional Director on the Board of  on 22 December 2014.
He is an active investor and important part of Indian startup community. He has over 50 investments including Zoomcar, Tripfactory, Online Tayari, YourStory, Licious, Justdoc, Mad Street Den, etc.
He is a Partner at Aarin Capital, General Partner at Exfinity Venture Partners, General Partner and Advisor at Ideaspring Capital, Partner at StartupXSeed, and an Investor in 3one4Capital.
- "Choicest images: President Pranab Mukherjee confers Padma Awards 2015 - Prince Karim Aga Khan awarded the Padma Vibhushan". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "About Us". Infosys. Infosys Limited. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- Lison Joseph (16 April 2011). "For TV Mohandas Pai, it's back to being an activist". DNA (Daily News and Analysis). Diligent Media Corporation Ltd. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- Mini Joseph Tejaswi (16 April 2011). "'Piqued' CEO aspirant Mohandas Pai quits Infy". The Times of India. Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "Mohandas Pai". Infosys. Infosys Limited. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- Anjali Prayag (15 April 2011). "Infosys stalwarts' exit has industry, market aflutter". The Hindu Business Line. The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "TV Mohandas Pai confident of meeting IFRS Apr 1 deadline". CNBC-TV 18. e-Eighteen.com Ltd. 29 October 2010. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "Mohandas Pai gets an offer from Bangalore University". One India News. Greynium Information Technologies Pvt. Ltd. 22 April 2011. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- Havells India Ltd
- Infosys' Mohandas Pai sells Rs 16-cr worth shares.
- Reporter, B. S. (31 July 2015). "TripFactory raises $10 mn in Series A from Aarin Capital". Business Standard India. Retrieved 19 February 2018.
- Mohandas Pai - The opportunistic investor
- Mohandas Pai invests in JustDoc
- Punyakoti Funder's Wall
- aarincap. "ABOUT". Aarin. Retrieved 15 August 2019.
- "Exfinity | Venture Partners". exfinityventures.com. Retrieved 15 August 2019.
- "Ideaspring Capital- Early Stage Venture Fund | Technology Product Innovation Startups". www.ideaspringcapital.com. Retrieved 15 August 2019.
- "StartupXseed". www.startupxseed.in. Retrieved 15 August 2019.
- Sriram, M. (6 February 2019). "Mohandas Pai-backed 3one4 Capital to raise ₹350 crore for new fund". Mint. Retrieved 15 August 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to T.V. Mohandas Pai.|