T. V. Narendran
T. V. Narendran
|Born||1965 (age 53–54)|
|Alma mater||National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (B.Tech.) |
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (MBA)
T. V. Narendran is an Indian business executive. He is currently the global CEO and Managing Director of Tata Steel, one of the largest steel producers in the world. He is the Vice President of Confederation of Indian Industry for the year 2019-20.
Narendran holds an undergraduate degree in Mechanical engineering from Regional Engineering College, Tiruchirappalli (now known as National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli) and an MBA from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.
Narendran joined Tata Steel in 1988 straight after his MBA from IIM Calcutta. He worked in the International Trading Division of Tata Steel from 1988 to 1997 wherein he spent five years in Dubai looking after Tata Steels' exports to the Middle East. From 1997 to 2001, he spent time in Tata Steels' marketing and sales division and was involved in market development work for the Cold Rolling Mill Project, Supply Chain Management, Sales Planning, etc. From 2001 to 2003, he was the Chief of Marketing & Sales (Long Products) and played a key role in building the 'Tata Tiscon' brand and the distribution network for the same. From 2003 to 2005, he worked with B. Muthuraman, the then Managing Director of Tata Steel, as his Principal Executive Officer.
He was actively involved in the Tata Steel's first overseas acquisition, NatSteel, and was seconded there as an Executive Vice President in 2005. He ran operations in NatSteel thereafter as the Deputy President (Operations) and took over as the President & CEO on 1 January 2008. He played a key role in the integration of NatSteel and Tata Steel.
Before being appointed as MD - Tata Steel India and South East Asia, on 1 November 2013, Narendran was the Vice President - Safety & Flat Products Divisions of Tata Steel.
During his stint in NatSteel, Narendran was a director on the Board of South East Asia Iron & Steel Institute (SEAISI) and also served as the President of the ASEAN Iron & Steel Federation (AISIF) from 2007 to 2009. He was also the Vice Chairman of the CII (India Business Forum) in Singapore.
He is currently on the Boards of Tata Steel Limited, Tata Steel Europe, CEDEP, XLRI and World Steel Association. He is currently the Vice President of CII .
On 31 October 2017, he was appointed as the global CEO and MD of Tata Steel.
- "Board of Directors". Tata Steel. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- "Tata Steel names TV Narendran as MD; to assume operations from November 1". The Economic Times. Kolkata. 20 September 2013. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- Ruchira Singh, P. R. Sanjai (19 September 2013). "Tata Steel names T.V. Narendran as managing director". Mint. Mumbai. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "T.V. Narendran to succeed Nerurkar as Tata Steel MD". Business Line. Mumbai. 19 September 2013. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Tata Steel elevates T V Narendran as global CEO, MD". The Hindu. PTI. 31 October 2017. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 11 November 2017.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Vikram Kirloskar to take over as new CII president". thehindubusinessline. Retrieved 6 April 2019.
- "Tata Steel Management - Board of Directors". www.tatasteel.com. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 27 March 2017.