Template:Did you know
(Redirected from T:DYK)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|next DYK update: Tuesday, 20 November 2018 00:00 (UTC)
Earliest time for |
Current time: Monday, 19 November 2018 17:10 (UTC)Last updated: 17 hours ago. (verify · reset · purge)
- ... that farmers hauled 17 million lb (7.7 million kg) of Kansas Fencepost limestone in horse-drawn wagons to build the Cathedral of the Plains (pictured)?
- ... that Udo Zimmermann composed two operas about the resistance group White Rose, one while he was a student?
- ... that in 1345, the Earl of Derby attacked and defeated an army of 7,000 Frenchmen with a force of 1,200 Anglo-Gascons?
- ... that in 1975, Margaret Guilfoyle became the first woman in the history of the Australian parliament to hold a cabinet-level ministerial portfolio?
- ... that Derrick Barnes based the main character of Crown: An Ode to the Fresh Cut on his own son?
- ... that 65 percent of internees at the Topaz War Relocation Center were American citizens of Japanese descent?
- ... that during its time 200 million years ago, Ledumahadi's estimated weight of 12 tonnes (26,000 lb) made it the largest animal to have lived on Earth?
- ... that the Nazi doctor Friedrich Entress organised and administered phenol injections directly into the hearts of Auschwitz prisoners?
- ... that the calls of the black-collared starling include a kraak kraak sounding like a jay and a whistling prrü like a bee-eater?
- ... that the Twitter user dril published the Dril Official "Mr. Ten Years" Anniversary Collection to preserve his best tweets in case of a future societal collapse?