Template:Did you know
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from T:DYK)
next DYK update: Sunday, 25 June 2017 01:07 (UTC)
Earliest time for |
Current time: Saturday, 24 June 2017 11:06 (UTC)Last updated: 9 hours ago. (verify · reset · purge)
- ... that the Battle of Bamber Bridge began when white American military police arrested a black USAAF soldier in an English village pub (pictured), and ended with a mutiny that left one dead and seven injured?
- ... that the ground-dwelling redthroat bird can imitate the sound of a crested pigeon in flight?
- ... that since being introduced in the mid-1990s, the red turpentine beetle has destroyed six million trees in China?
- ... that the mandatory eight count was introduced to boxing in 1953 by the New York State Athletic Commission in order to protect fighters from unnecessary damage?
- ... that one question about Hughes Dynamics, an early 1960s subsidiary of Hughes Tool Company, is whether Howard Hughes ever approved its creation?
- ... that the photographer Fred Gildersleeve captured depictions of a lynching in progress?
- ... that the 2017–18 RFU Championship will feature a college team that climbed from the bottom tier of English rugby to the second tier within 13 years of its formation?
- ... that during the 1691 papal conclave, cardinals burned down their sleeping quarters in the Vatican while playing cards?