Template:Did you know
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from T:DYK)
next DYK update: Saturday, 27 May 2017 00:00 (UTC)
Earliest time for |
Current time: Friday, 26 May 2017 09:08 (UTC)Last updated: 9 hours ago. (verify · reset · purge)
- ... that the Lutheran church St. Laurentii in Itzehoe had one of Arp Schnitger's last pipe organs (case pictured)?
- ... that James Scott Howard, the postmaster of Toronto, infuriated his superiors by refusing to open mail of suspected rebels before the 1837 uprising?
- ... that during the 1678 Kediri campaign, the VOC–Mataram army purposely split itself and took a longer route to Kediri, in order to impress more people?
- ... that the prosecution of Theoris of Lemnos is the most detailed account of a witch trial to survive from Classical Greece?
- ... that the diet of the white woodpecker includes wasps and bees, their larvae and honey?
- ... that former Snohomish County Executive Bob Drewel had surgery to treat prostate cancer only days after being re-elected to a third term?
- ... that during the March 1605 papal conclave, a fight broke out that was so noisy that people outside opened the doors early because they thought a new pope had been elected?
- ... that Mary Ann Harris Gay's memoir Life in Dixie During the War directly inspired several of the scenes in the novel Gone with the Wind?