Template:In the news
- Salvator Mundi (pictured), generally attributed to Leonardo da Vinci, sells at auction for US$450.3 million, a new record for an artwork.
- Zimbabwe National Army troops seize control of Harare and place President Robert Mugabe under house arrest.
- Borut Pahor is re-elected President of Slovenia.
- An earthquake strikes the border between Iraq and Iran, killing at least 540 people and injuring more than 8,000 others.
- The Paradise Papers—more than 13 million financial documents relating to offshore investment—are leaked.
|In the news toolbox|
In the news mentions and links to entries of timely interest — that is encyclopedia articles that have been updated to reflect an important current event — rather than conventional news items. To prevent vandalism on the Main Page, it is a permanently protected template. See Wikipedia:In the news for more details.
See an error? Please note it on Wikipedia:Main Page/Errors for administrator assistance. Thanks.
The template accepts one parameter: adding
|nocurrenteventslink=1 removes the link to Portal:Current events. This is used on the current events page to hide the link there.
Admins: after updating please purge the cache of the Main Page so that the updated version appears.
In terms of Main Page balance, right now we're configured for widescreen monitors, which it appears most editors use. Non-widescreen users, please do not change the balance even if it looks off on your monitor.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:In the news/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (edit) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.