Template:In the news
- Scientist and former President of India A. P. J. Abdul Kalam (pictured) dies at the age of 83.
- In cycling, Chris Froome wins the Tour de France for a second time.
- Pierre Nkurunziza is re-elected president of Burundi for a third term.
- After a suicide bombing in Suruç that killed 32 people, Turkey launches airstrikes against ISIL and Kurdistan Workers' Party camps in Iraq.
- Scientists announce the discovery of Kepler-452b, the first potentially rocky exoplanet discovered in the habitable zone of a Sun-like star.
- The United States and Cuba restore full diplomatic relations after 54 years.
|In the news toolbox|
In the news mentions and links to entries of timely interest—that is, encyclopedia articles that have been updated to reflect an important current event—rather than conventional news items. To prevent vandalism on the Main Page, it is a permanently protected template. See Wikipedia:In the news for more details.
See an error? Please note it on Wikipedia:Main Page/Errors for administrator assistance. Thanks.
The template accepts one parameter: adding
|nocurrenteventslink=1 removes the link to Portal:Current events. This is used on the current events page to hide the link there.
In terms of Main Page balance, right now we're configured for widescreen monitors, which it appears most editors use. Non-widescreen users, please do not change the balance even if it looks off on your monitor.
Click here to purge the template's cache manually, if it does not appear to be updating on the Main Page after you edit it.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:In the news/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (edit) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.