Los Angeles, California, United States
|Products||Fixed Income, Equity, and International Mutual Funds, Strategies, and Alternative Investments|
|Total assets||$180.7 billion as of 31 December 2015|
|Owner||Carlyle Group and company management|
The TCW Group is an investment management company that offers mutual funds under the TCW, TCW Alternative and MetWest brands, provides investment management for institutions, endowments, foundations, and high-net-worth individual investors, with products in Fixed Income, Equities, International and Alternative asset classes.
Founded by Robert Addison Day in 1971 and headquartered in Los Angeles, TCW manages a broad range of investment products. The TCW Group was originally known as Trust Company of the West. TCW clients include many of the corporate and public pension plans, financial institutions, endowments and foundations in the U.S., as well as foreign investors and high-net-worth individuals.
In February 2013, TCW management and alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group acquired TCW Group from Société Générale. As a result of the transaction, TCW management and employees will increase their ownership in the firm to approximately 40% on a fully diluted basis, better aligning interests with clients. Equity for the investment came from two Carlyle investment funds and from TCW management.
- "#283 Robert Addison Day". Forbes. Retrieved September 17, 2015.
- The TCW Group, Inc.: About Us
- "Societe Generale banks on TCW to build its reach in alternatives". Pensions & Investments. April 2001.
- "French bank takes a stake in trust company". The New York Times. April 2001.
- The TCW Group, Inc.: Press Release: TCW Completes MetWest Acquisition
- Karin Anderson (May 19, 2015). "How Is TCW Doing?". Morningstar, Inc.
- The TCW Group, InC.: Our Partners
- The TCW Group Inc.: Assets under management
- TCW: Marc I. Stern