TECO Electric and Machinery
|Products||Industrial Electrical Components|
TECO Electric & Machinery Co., Ltd. (TECO; Chinese: 東元電機; pinyin: Dōngyuán Diànjī) is a Taiwanese company which was established on 12 June 1956, starting out as an industrial motor manufacturer. Over the years, it has successfully diversified into a conglomerate with worldwide business operations. Now it is the third biggest medium-voltage motor producer in the world, with around 8% market share and also ranked number 5 in global low-voltage A/C motor market, representing 4% of the world. The Company also engages in the manufacture, installation, wholesale, retail of various types of electrical and mechanical equipment, telecommunication equipment and home appliances.
1970 Produced air conditioners and entered the home appliances market
1986 Joint venture with Westinghouse Electric to form TECO Westinghouse Motor
1989 Founded TECO Industry Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
1990 Founded Toshiba Compressor (Taiwan) Corp. with Toshiba
1992 Established Yatec Engineering Corporation with Yaskawa Electric Manufacture Co., Ltd.
1995 Acquired Westinghouse Motor Co., Ltd (USA)
1998 Founded TECO Electro Devices Co., Ltd. for manufacturing of stepping motors
1999 Founded TECO (Dong Guan) Air Conditioning Equipment Co., Ltd.
2000 Founded Suzhou TECO Electric & Machinery Co., Ltd.
2001 Established Smart Card Division for National Health Insurance IC-card project
2002 Founded Wuxi TECO with China Steel, Nippon Steel and Marubeni-Itochu Steel
2003 Merged Tai-An Electric Co., Ltd.
2004 Established Jiangxi TECO Electric & Machinery Co., Ltd.
2005 Founded Yaskawa TECO Motor Engineering Corp.
2006 Strategic alliance with CTC to set up the first wind power project in Texas, USA
2007 Launch into wind power generation; introduce a 2MW wind power generator
2011 TECO Middle East KSA
- Top 3 global motor producer
- Offering industrial motors ranging from 0.25 kW to 75,000 kW
- Production and sales of high-efficiency motors, low- and high-voltage 3-phase motors, high-thrust motors, explosion-proof motors, steel-cased motors, single-phase motors, aluminum-cased motors, brake motors, eddy-current motors, inverter-duty motors, high-temperature exhaust gas fan motors, gear-reducing motors, crane motors, wound rotor motors, submersible motors, DC motors, ventilation blowers, synchronous motors, variable-pole motors, other motors/generators, compressors and wind-powered generators.
- System Automation
- Entails the R&D, production and sales of industrial automation products and electronic control systems such as industrial inverter, servo system, electromagnetic switches & molded-case circuit breakers, etc.
- Production and sales of AC/DC motor controls, programmable logic controllers, servo controllers, electromagnetic switches, molded-case circuit breakers, electronic relays and other inverter products; as well as design and installation of power distribution networks.
- M&E Construction
- R&D, design, production, and sales of equipment and systems meant for the supply of electrical power
- Undertaking of projects related to power distribution and generation, alternative energy, and rail stations and depots
- Air-conditioning equipment for specific environments such as clean rooms
- Design, construction, and management of electrical engineering systems for high-rise buildings
- Integration of air-conditioning and electrical engineering systems for hospitals and hotels
- Water pump stations and other related projects
- Home Appliance
- Production, assembly, sales, and repair of household/commercial air conditioners, refrigerators, washing machines, dehumidifiers, dryers, televisions, LCD monitors, air purifiers, small appliances, DVD recorders, stereo systems, health appliances; dealership of other domestic and foreign home appliances brands.
- New Development – Wind Power
- Launched the first Taiwan-made 2 MW permanent-magnet synchronous wind turbine bearing own brand in March 2010
- Production and sales of FC-2000 2.0 MW PMSG (Permanent Magnetic Synchronous Generator) wind turbine, power converter, control system and KW level wind-power turbine