||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Mattresses and Pillows|
|Headquarters||Coldstream Research Campus,
|Parent||Tempur Sealy International
Tempur-Pedic International, Inc. is a manufacturer and distributor of mattresses and pillows made from viscoelastic foam. The company is headquartered on the Coldstream Research Campus in Lexington, Kentucky and has manufacturing plants in Duffield, Virginia, Albuquerque, New Mexico and San Salvador, El Salvador.
The first Tempur-Pedic mattress was introduced by Fagerdala World Foams, a Swedish technical foam firm. The brand was brought to the United States in 1992 and the company Tempur-Pedic, Inc. was founded. Nine distributors of Fagerdala, including Tempur-Pedic, Inc., merged in 1999 to form Tempur World holding company, reformed in 2002 as Tempur-Pedic International Inc. The company went public in 2003. In 2012, Tempur-Pedic and Sealy Corporation announced plans to merge to form "the world's largest bedding company." Tempur-Pedic paid $228.6 million, but the two companies will operate separately.
Tempur-Pedic won a 2009 Electronic Retailing Association (ERA) award for direct marketing.
- "What we believe". Tempur-Pedic North America, LLC. Retrieved 2014-06-22.
- "Tempur+Sealy: Investor FAQ". Tempur-Pedic Management, LLC. Retrieved 2014-06-22.
- "NASA spinoff database". Sti.nasa.gov. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Business Week, August 15th, 2008". Businessweek.com. 2005-08-14. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Tempur-Pedic is IPO of the week". MarketWatch. Retrieved 27 November 2015.
- Auer, Joe. "Tempur-Pedic Reviews". Mattress Clarity. Retrieved 27 November 2015.
- Richard M. Barron, "Tempur-Pedic buys Trinity-based Sealy for $228.6 million in cash," News & Record, September 28, 2012.
- "ERA Announces Winners of Its Annual Awards Honoring Industry's Best Direct Response Campaigns". Digitalproducer.digitalmedianet.com. 2009-09-17. Retrieved 2012-05-21.
- "Tempur-Pedic(R) Joins Forces With Ronald McDonald House Charities(R)". Kentucky: PR Newswire. Retrieved 2012-07-12.