Number of locations
and 45 countries worldwide
|Products||Buses and Coaches|
Number of employees
TEMSA Global is a coach, bus and light truck manufacturer located in Adana, Turkey. The company is part of the Sabancı Group, a large Turkish industrial and commercial conglomerate. TEMSA is a member of the Turkish Automotive Manufacturers Association. Temsa's Adana plant has an annual production capacity of 11500 vehicles; 4000 buses and coaches and 7500 light trucks.
TEMSA (Termomekanik Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş.) Global was founded in 1968 by Sabancı Holding to supply steel to the construction industry. Manufacture of coaches began in 1984 with licensing and distribution agreements from Mitsubishi Motors. Service bus products were introduced in 1987.
Since 2000, a full range of coaches has been developed for Western European markets, utilizing MAN engines and axles and ZF transmissions. TEMSA became independent and flexible in using different engines with its own developments and started carrying out tailor-made production. A subsidiary, TEMSA Europe, has been established in Belgium and several rep offices have been established in 46 different countries of the world (Germany, France, Italy, Spain,...), under the management of Temsa Europe. Temsa has obtained over 7% of market share in its segment in Europe. Of the 1000 buses produced every year, 75% are exported.
Temsa is represented by three models in the US. The TS 30, TS 35 and TS 45 are motor coaches of 30, 35 and 45 ft respectively.
TEMSA AR-GE ve Teknoloji Merkezi (Temsa Research & Development Center) is a branch of TEMSA Global that is responsible of new vehicle production and technology development.
Temsa main markets are divided as Turkish (domestic), Europe, USA and Non-Europe. Most domestic vehicles from Temsa are sold in export markets with or without domestic model names as well.
Domestic market (Turkey)
- Maraton & Maraton VIP (2016)
- Safir Plus & Safir Plus VIP
- Multi Purpose
- Prestij SX
- LF 18
- LF 12/Avenue LF
- LF 12 CNG/Avenue CNG
- MD9 LE
- MD9 electriCITY
- Tourmalin City
- LD SB
- MD9 LE
- MD9 IC
- Prestij SX
- Tourmalin IC
- HD/HD C12
- TS 30 (USA)
- TS 35 (USA)
- TS 45 (USA)
- Mitsubishi Fuso Canter (1988 -)
- Maraton (1984 - 1993)
- Prenses (1992 - 1999)
- Diamond (2003 -): top-of-the-line luxury coach in 13m and 14m lengths
- Safari (2001 -):
- Safari HD - 12m, 12.2m and 13m coach
- Safari RD - 12.2m and 13m coach
- Safari STD - 10.66m, 12m and 12.8m coach
- Safari IC - 12m and 12.8m coach for inter-city operation
- Safari SD - 12.2m and 13m coach for the Egypt, Middle-East and Africa markets
- Opalin (2003 -): 8m and 9m midicoach
- Aventurin / MD9 (2010 -) 9,5m intercity midi bus, it is also designed by inhouse designer Ali Zengin
- Metropol (2006 -): 9,62m city bus
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Temsa vehicles.|