Motor Trend Group
Motor Trend Group, formerly known as Source Interlink Media and TEN: The Enthusiast Network, is a media company that specializes in enthusiast brands, such as Motor Trend, Hot Rod, Roadkill and Transworld Skateboarding. Headquartered in El Segundo, Los Angeles County, California, it is a joint venture between Discovery, Inc. and Source Interlink.
Media and events
The company's network of brands includes more than 60 publications, 100 websites, MotorTrend's Video On Demand channel, branded and licensed products, live events and competitions, as well as TV and radio programs. TEN's total audience is 158 Million.
In 2013, the company signed a deal with the Bonnier Corporation, where they sold Dirt Rider, Motorcyclist, Sport Rider, Motorcycle Cruiser, Hot Bike, Baggers, Super Streetbike, Street Chopper and ATV Rider, whereas they bought Sound + Vision and the TransWorld franchise.
In 2015, NBC Sports shuttered its action sports division, and sold the Dew Tour to TEN. On August 17 of that same year, TEN launched its subscription video on demand service Motor Trend OnDemand, which was the first SVOD service aimed at automotive enthusiasts. TEN CEO Scott Dickey described this community as "underserved and starved for premium video content" while positioning the SVOD service as "The Netfilx for Gearheads."
On August 3, 2017, Discovery Communications announced it would acquire a majority stake in TEN, and contribute its automotive-oriented cable network Velocity into the company. The venture's goals is to create a larger, multi-platform presence for the company's brands, with a particular emphasis on direct-to-consumer streaming products. On April 10, 2018, it was announced that the company had been renamed Motor Trend Group effective immediately, and that Velocity would rebrand as Motor Trend Network later in the year.
In March 2018, TEN sold Sound & Vision and Stereophile, along with related magazines and websites, to AVTech Media Ltd. In February 2019, TEN sold its adventure sports portfolio to American Media.
- Car Craft
- Circle Track
- Dirt Sports + Off-Road
- Diesel Power Magazine
- European Car
- Four Wheeler
- Hot Rod
- Motor Trend
- Truck Trend
- Petersen's 4-Wheel & Off-Road
- Super Street
Video on demand & broadcasting
- Motor Trend OnDemand
- Motor Trend
- "TEN: The Enthusiast Network". TEN: The Enthusiast Network. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "New ownership gives Dew Tour some pop". Sports Business Journal. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- "TEN Officially Launches Groundbreaking Motor Trend OnDemand SVOD Service". www.motortrendgroup.com.
- Evans, Greg (August 3, 2017). "Discovery Communications Partners With TEN Network For Auto Portfolio". Deadline. Retrieved September 18, 2017.
- Petski, Denise (2018-04-10). "Discovery Rebrands Velocity As Motor Trend Network". Deadline. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- Littleton, Cynthia (2018-04-10). "Discovery Rebrands Velocity as Motor Trend Network (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- "Discovery Launches 'Motor Trend On Demand' in UK on Amazon Channels". Multichannel. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- "Baseball America Sold | SGB Online". Retrieved 2019-03-14.
- "AVTech Media Ltd (UK) Acquires Home Tech Network From Ten Publishing Media". Stereophile.com. 2018-03-22. Retrieved 2018-07-08.
- "American Media Acquires TEN's Adventure Sports Magazines". Folio:. 2019-02-05. Retrieved 2019-03-14.