||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015)|
|Launched||March 15, 2012|
|Owned by||Taj Television Ltd.|
|Sister channel(s)||TEN Sports
TEN GOLF is a 24 hours Golf channel by Taj Network. This is India's first 24 hours dedicated Golf channel. The estimated viewers to this channel in India are 6 - 7 million.
Taj Network operates five channels now namely TEN Action, TEN Cricket, TEN Sports, TEN HD and TEN Golf, making it the fifth channel of Taj Network.
TEN GOLF has the Broadcasting rights to the European Tour; Asian Tour; Ryder Cup; LPGA Tour; Royal Trophy; 95th US PGA Championship; 74th Senior PGA Championship; Professional Golf Tour of India & Ladies European Tour rights. Ten Golf has acquired more than 1,700 hours of Golf content, with more than 650 hours of Live Golf. Ten Golf brings to India the Golf Channel Block with more than 350 hours featuring a range of Golf programming content. The channel devotes considerable time to news coverage of golf, including a nightly program, Golf Central. There are highlight shows of past tournaments, and a reality television competition show, The Big Break, whose premise is to help aspiring professionals gain exemptions into PGA Tour and LPGA events. Indian Golfing ace Jeev Milkha Singh is the brand ambassador of TEN GOLF.
TOP LIVE EVENTS:
- Asian Tour (2013)
- European Tour (2013)
- European Challenge Tour (2013)
- U.S. PGA Championship
- The Senior PGA Championship
- Senior Tour (2013)
- LPGA Tour (2013)
- The Ladies European Tour (LET) (2013)
- The Royal Trophy (2014)
- Professional Golf Tour of India (2013)
- Ryder Cup
- PROFESSIONAL GOLF TOUR OF INDIA - To promote professional golf in India and to provide a boost to Golf viewing in India Ten Golf have entered into an exclusive partnership with the PGTI. PGTI is the Governing body for professional golf in country. A member of the International Federation of PGA Tours, PGTI sanctions all professional golf championships in India.
- PGA TOUR OF AUSTRALASIA HIGHLIGHTS 2013 - The PGA Tour of Australasia is a professional golf tour for men. Official events on the tour count for World Golf Ranking points. The tour was formed in 1973 as the PGA Tour of Australia and adopted its current name in 1991.
Players with a background on the tour who have reached the world top 20 since the turn of the Millennium include Steve Elkington and Adam Scott. The leading tournaments on the tour include the Australian Open, the Australian PGA Championship, the Australian Masters and the New Zealand Open.
- ASEAN PGA TOUR HIGHIGHTS 2013 - The ASEAN PGA Tour was launched in Jakarta on August 15, 2007. A total of five events were staged that year aimed at giving greater playing opportunities to professional golfers from the 10 member countries of ASEAN. Malaysian Danny Chia made history by becoming the first player to win on the exciting new Tour when he claimed the season opening International Championship in Jakarta in September. The event was followed by tournaments in the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Thailand.
After an outstanding first season, the Tour received a massive boost in 2008 when Mercedes-Benz came on board as Tour Title Sponsor as part of a three-year relationship. A schedule of 10 events was announced with Mercedes-Benz title sponsoring six events in their key markets Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, the Philippines, and Vietnam.The bulk of the fields are made up of professionals from the golfing strongholds of Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand. In addition some of the top amateurs in Southeast Asia compete on the Tour.
TEN GOLF - Programming line up:
- GOLF INSTRUCTIONAL
1. Golf Channel Academy: Jason Glass Golf Fitness and Your 2. School of Golf 3. The Golf Fix 4. Golf Fitness Academy
- GOLF - ENTERTAINMENT
1. Feherty: Known for his wit, candor, knowledge of the game and propensity to say whatever is on his mind, Feherty interviews A-list personalities from the worlds of golf, sports, politics and entertainment. The guests include Rory McIlroy, Luke Donald, Tom Watson, Sergio Garcia, Butch Harmon & Michelle Wie. 2. Golf in America - Golf in America goes across USA to chronicle the spirit of the game and the people who play it. Hosted by Anthony Anderson, this programme features a special tribute show to honor the ten-year anniversary of September 11. This summer, Golf Channel explores the untold tales of triumph and trial from across the nation to discover the true spirit of Golf In America.Each week, travel from coast to coast with Host Anthony Anderson to meet incredible people and hear how their unique and fascinating stories are linked by the game of golf.Join an all-star team of sports journalists, including Kelly Tilghman, Rich Lerner, Todd Lewis, Scott Walker, John Feinstein, Jim Gray, Tim Rosaforte and Jim Axelrod, on a weekly journey straight to the heart of Golf In America. 3. Golf’s Amazing Videos: On Golf’s Amazing Videos, Golf Channel’s wackiest original series, golf lovers like you have the chance to see your hilarious golf hijinks on TV. 4. Top 10 - Host Lauren Thompson counts down Golf Channel's best and worst lists of people, places, equipment and moments in the world of golf
- GOLF - LIFESTYLE SHOWS
1. Donald J. Trump's Fabulous World of Golf - With celebrity competitions and extraordinary luxury take a look at behind-the-scenes of at Donald J. Trump’s globally expanding golf empire 2. Golf Now - Host Lauren Thompson takes you off the beaten path to uncover the hidden gems and exhilarating adventures that make up the ultimate golf getaways. Las Vegas Arizona Greenbrier Hawaii Ireland Ka'anapali Michigan Northern California Orlando San Antonio South Carolina South California Dominican Republic
- GOLF - REALITY SHOWS
1. Pipe Dream - The beginning of his story may not be glamorous, but Mark Burk is out to change the ending. This winter on Golf Channel, follow one man as he leaves the past behind and works toward his dream of playing professional golf on the Champions Tour 2. Fore Inventors Only is a reality TV series featuring different inventors who are trying to successfully launch their golf-related inventions in the marketplace. The contestants compete against one another in a series of eliminations. The show's host is Vince Cellini. The inventions range from devices that help with putting to designer "skins" that can be wrapped around one's golf clubs. 3. Big Break > The Big Break is the Golf Channel's reality television program. The show's premise is to award an aspiring professional golfer exemptions into selected events on certain tours. > Big Break Indian Wells: Eleven men will put their golf skills to the test and their wallets on the line, all in hopes of winning a TOUR exemption and more than $50,000. Each competitor starts with the same amount of cash that they can use to buy extra shots, improve their position or bet on their own performance. All the players will need to bring their A-game, and poker face, to the Indian Wells Golf Resort in Palm Springs, California. > Big Break Ireland: Six men and six women will head to Ireland in search of an $80,000 pot of gold and two Tour exemptions. These golfers will be put to the test and they’ll need all of their lucky charms in the battle for their big break. > Big Break Atlantis: Twelve women travel to the Bahamas to face the toughest golf competition of their lives. Their golf skills will be put to the test as they fight for a chance to make their lifelong dream of playing professional golf come true. With everything on the line, each week the golfers face elimination against the dramatic backdrop of the Atlantis resort. Will they sink or swim?
4. The Haney Project - Will Hank's world-renowned teaching method be enough to quiet the critics or will Rush's political slice transmit from the airwaves to the fairways?
- GOLF NEWS
1. Golf Central - 30 minute update on the PGA Tour and the world of golf before and after tournament coverage. Golf central is the only live, daily source you can go to for comprehensive and up-to-date news from around the world of golf.
- Asian Tour- The Asian Tour 2013 (Jan-Dec)
- United Kingdom
- United States