|This article is a translation-work in progress of the TER Franche-Comté article from French to English.
If you are confident enough in your competence of French and English, you can help Wikipedia by assisting in the translation.
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
Since the convention signed in 2002 for a duration of 5 years, between Jean-François Humbert, then president of the Regional council of Franche-Comté and Noël Belin, then regional director of the SNCF, the regional council of Franche-Comté is the organising authority of regional transports. A new agreement, signed on 21 December 2006, by Raymond Forni, president of the Conseil Régional de Franche-Comté and Josiane Beaud, regional directeur of the SNCF, en présence d'Anne-Marie Idrac, présidente of the SNCF, from 2007–2012.
TER railway connections
|1||Dijon ... Dole ... Besançon-Viotte|
|2||Besançon-Viotte ... Montbéliard ... Belfort|
|3||Besançon-Viotte ... Mouchard ... Lons-le-Saunier ... Bourg-en-Bresse|
|4||Dole ... Mouchard ... Frasne ... Pontarlier|
|5||Besançon-Viotte/Dole ... Mouchard ... Champagnole ... Morez ... Saint-Claude|
|8||Vesoul - Lure ... Belfort|
|9||Nancy ... Épinal ... Lure ... Belfort (see TER Lorraine line 5 for details)|
|10||Besançon-Viotte ... Valdahon ... Morteau ... La Chaux-de-Fonds (Switzerland)|
|† Not all trains call at this station|
- The two lines Dijon-Dole-Besançon and Besançon-Montbéliard-Belfort essentially form one line, called the Saône-Doubs line. It constitutes the backbone of trips in Franche-Comté with 60% of the passengers and 60% of the Gross profit. It's along this route that the line bypasses highwayss, canals and other railways.
- The Revermont line: Besançon-Lons-le-Saunier-Bourg-en-Bresse. Second line by its importance, is, for a large part, a single track (between Saint-Amour and Mouchard).
- Besançon-Morteau-La Chaux-de-Fonds : this line has been certified by French normes in 2005. The trains on this line are usually done with SNCF Class X 73500 and SNCF Class X 2800, though occasionally they are upgraded to SNCF Class XR 6200.
- Dole-Saint-Claude: this line is called the ligne des hirondelles (line of swallows)
- SNCF Class Z 9500
- SNCF Class Z 9600
- SNCF Class X 2800+ trailers SNCF Class XR 6000
- SNCF Class X 4750
- SNCF Class X 73500
- SNCF Class X 76500 (also called: XGC X 76500)
- SNCF Class Z 27500 (also called: ZGC Z 27500)
- Transport express régional
- Réseau Ferré de France
- List of SNCF stations
- List of SNCF stations in Franche-Comté
|This French railway-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|