TESST College of Technology
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland, USA|
|Website||TESST College of Technology|
TESST College of Technology is a private for-profit technical college located in metropolitan Baltimore, Maryland. It is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
TESST College of Technology began offering instruction in electronics in 1957 as TESST Technology Institute. The campus was located in Hyattsville, Maryland. In December 1992, TESST expanded its reach in the Baltimore market by acquiring the Arundel Institute of Technology. In the summer of 1998, the Hyattsville and Baltimore campuses relocated to new buildings in Beltsville and Towson, Maryland.
In 1999, TESST acquired RETS Technical Training Center, which had been offering classes in Maryland since 1956. In June 2001, TESST Technology Institute received approval to offer associate of applied science degrees in network information systems and electronics, computer, and telecommunications technology. All campuses then became known as TESST College of Technology.
In May 2002, the College was acquired by Quest Education Corporation, a subsidiary of Kaplan, Inc. In December 2002, Quest changed its name to Kaplan Higher Education Corporation. In March 2004, the campus expanded by adding a 6,800-square-foot (630 m2) facility located at 3922 Vero Road, less than a mile from the campus.
TESST College of Technology offers programs in the following fields:
- Allied Health Medical Assistant (Certificate); Medical Billing and Coding Specialist (Certificate); Pharmacy Technician (Certificate)
- Information Technology: Computer Support Technician (Certificate); Computer Networking Technology (Associate of Applied Science)
- Trades: Electrician (Certificate); Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning/Refrigeration (Certificate)
- Criminal Justice (Associate of Applied Science)
- Continuing Education: Drywall Technician course, Phlebotomy Technician course and Security Plus test prep course
- "Acquisition by Kaplan, Inc.". PR Newswire. Retrieved 2009-08-12.
- "Education Corporation of America Completes Purchase of Kaplan Campuses". PR Newswire. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "Baltimore Campus". U.S. Department of Education. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 2014-06-19.
- "Beltsville Campus". U.S. Department of Education. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 2014-06-19.
- "Towson Campus". U.S. Department of Education. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 2014-06-19.
- "Programs". TESST College. Retrieved 2014-06-19.