Rijeka Thermal Power Station
Location of TE Rijeka in Croatia
|Official name||Termoelektrana Rijeka|
|Thermal power station|
|Primary fuel||Fuel oil|
|Units operational||1 × 320 MW|
|Make and model||Ansaldo Energia|
|Nameplate capacity||320 MW|
The Rijeka Thermal Power Station (Croatian: Termoelektrana Rijeka, TE Rijeka, also known as TE Urinj) is an oil-fired power station east of Rijeka at Kostrena, Croatia. It was built between 1974 and 1978 and it has one generation unit with capacity of 320 MW. The height of the boiler house including its rooftop flue gas stack is 250 metres (820 ft).
The power station is owned and operated by Hrvatska elektroprivreda. Its annual production varies, averaging 917 GWh, but only 141 GWh in 2011. It is expected to undergo decommissioning in 2020, but it is doubtful that it will remain operational until then because of its pollution problem.
- Reščec, Fedor (February 2011). "Oil products demand to decline in Croatia". Nafta Scientific journal. Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts - Scientific Council for Petroleum. 62 (1-2): 54. ISSN 0027-755X.
- Izvješće o sigurnosti za Pogon TE Rijeka [Safety Report for the TE Rijeka] (PDF) (Report) (in Croatian). Ministry of Environmental and Nature Protection. 1998-04-27. Retrieved 2014-01-12.
- "Kraj zagađenju i uvozu: Termoelektrana Rijeka u roku četiri godine prelazi na plin" [End to pollution and import: within four years TE Rijeka transfers to gas]. Novi list (in Croatian). 2013-01-24. Retrieved 2014-01-12.
- "Gas- and Oil-Fired Plants in Croatia". industcards.com. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
- "Hidraulička analiza rashladnog sustava TE Rijeka" [Hydraulic analysis of the cooling system of TE Rijeka]. Department of Fluid Mechanics and Computational Engineering (in Croatian). Retrieved 2014-01-12.
- "TE Rijeka (Rijeka Thermal Power Plant)". Official website HEP Proizvodnja. Hrvatska elektroprivreda. Retrieved 2013-08-25.