THQ Studio Australia was one of the subsidiaries of electronic game publisher THQ. Based in Brisbane Australia, the studio have developed titles for last and current generation games consoles and managed (via internal producers) the development of hand held versions of their games utilizing smaller local and interstate development studios.
History [ edit ]
THQ Studio Australia was founded in 2003 and concentrated on developing titles based on popular
Nickelodeon TV licenses. Releasing a new title yearly between 2004 and 2008 before expanding into multiple teams and developing movie tie in games such as The Last Airbender (video game) based on M. Night Shyamalan's 2010 movie The Last Airbender and their last developed game release of DreamWorks Animation's Megamind movie.
In August, 2011, THQ Studio Australia was announced to be closed down as part of a restructuring and realignment plan by parent company, THQ.
Release history [ edit ]
- ( The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius: Attack of the Twonkies PS2, Nintendo GameCube) (2004)
- ( SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, Pants! PS2, Xbox, Nintendo Gamecube) (2005)
- ( Avatar: The Last Airbender PS2, Xbox; Wii) (2006; 2010)
- ( Avatar: The Burning Earth PS2, Xbox 360, Wii) (2007)
- ( Avatar: Into the Inferno PS2, Wii) (2008)
- ( Megamind: Ultimate Showdown Xbox 360, PlayStation 3) (2010)
- ( Megamind: Mega Team Unite Wii) (2010)
- ( The Avengers Xbox 360, PlayStation 3) (2011, cancelled) 
References [ edit ]
External links [ edit ]