Texas Instruments Power
Texas Instruments Power, known more popularly by its acronym TIP, is a series of bipolar junction transistors manufactured by Texas Instruments. The series was introduced in the 1960s, and still sees some use today due to their simplicity, their durability, and their ease of use. A Texas Instruments catalog in 1966 lists the TIP04 and TIP14 part numbers.
TIP29 and TIP30
The TIP29 and TIP30 are complementary transistors, used in medium power linear switching applications. The TIP29 is NPN, while the TIP30 is PNP. One of their uses was in general purpose amplifiers.
TIP31 and TIP32
A TIP31 an NPN bipolar transistor and TIP32 is the complementary PNP transistor. TIP31 transistors are designated as TIP31A, TIP31B, TIP31 to indicate increasing collector-base and collector-emitter breakdown voltage ratings. The TIP31 is packaged in a TO-220 case. TIP stands for Texas Instruments (Plastic) Power  transistor. 31 is an arbitrary identifier.
These ratings are for the Fairchild TIP31 series. Other manufacturers may have other ratings for this part. These are absolute maximum ratings and should not be exceeded.
|Model||Vcb||Vce||Ice||Power (Tc = 25 °C)|
These characteristics apply to all types of TIP31 transistors (A, B, C). The characteristics are very similar between models, however differences may apply depending on temperature and/or manufacturing process.
|Fairchild ||Samsung Semi.||Micro Electronics |
|Small signal DC current gain (Hfe)||25||25||20|
|Hfe bandwidth product||3.0 MHz||3.0 MHz||3.0 MHz|
TIP33 and TIP34
Complementary silicon transistors for use in high power general purpose amplifier and switching applications. The TIP33 is NPN and the TIP34 is PNP. Both are rated for 10 A continuous collector current.
TIP35 and TIP36
- "Transistor markings". elexp.com. Archived from the original on March 6, 2016. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- Fabio, Adam (August 17, 2015). "You Can Have my TIPs When You Pry them from my Cold, Dead Hands". Hackaday. Archived from the original on March 6, 2016. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- 1966 Semiconductor and Components Catalog; Texas Instruments.
- "TIP29 / TIP29A / TIP29C NPN Expitaxial Silicon Transistor". Fairchild Semiconductors. November 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 6, 2016. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "TIP29, A, B, C (NPN) / TIP30, A, B, C (PNP)". ON Semiconductors. November 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 6, 2016. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- The Power Semiconductor Data Book for Design Engineers First Edition, Texas Instruments Incorporated, publication no. CC-404 70977-22-IS, no date, page 5-327
- "TIP33, TIP33A, TIP33B, TIP33C NPN / TIP34, TIP34A, TIP34B, TIP34C PNP". Central Semiconductor Corp. July 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 6, 2016. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "TIP35, TIP35A, TIP35B, TIP35C NPN Silicon Power Transistors". Bourns. September 2002. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 6, 2016. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "Silicon PNP Power Transistors TIP36, TIP36A, TIP36B, TIP36C". Bourns. September 2002. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 6, 2016. Retrieved March 6, 2016.