Tube Investments of India Limited
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Ambattur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|M. M. Murugappan|
|Products||Bicycledominatorss, automotive chains, car door frames, steel tubes, TMT bars|
|US$0.966 billion (2012)|
|Total assets||US$ 1.9 billion (2012)|
Tube Investments of India Limited (Initially established as TI Cycles of India Limited, Madras) is a Murugappa Group company that specializes in engineering, bicycles, metal formed products, and chains. It is based in Chennai. It was incorporated as TI Cycles of India Limited in 1949, as a joint venture company.
- 1949: Established TI Cycles of India Limited (present day Tube Investments of India Limited) in association with Tube Investments Limited, UK (present day TI Group)
- 1955: Established Tube Products of India Limited in association with Tube Products (Old Bury) Limited, UK
- Established TI Diamond Chains Limited in association with Diamond Chain Company (Usa)
- Established TI Miller in association with Miller, UK
- 1965: Established TI Metal Forming
- 1990: Acquired Press Metal Corporation
- 1993: TIDC acquired Satavahana Chains
- 1999: TPI acquired Steel Strips And Tubes Limited
- TII acquired Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company Limited
- Established Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Ltd
- 2010: TI India acquired French chain manufacturer Sedis
- In 2012, Tube Investments bought a 44.12% controlling stake in Coimbatore-based Shanthi Gears for ₹ 292 crore.
- In 2014, the large diameter tubing plant was inaugurated
Current major divisions
The major divisions now are:
- TI Cycles of India (TICI)
- BSA Motors (BSAM)
- Tube Products of India (TPI)
- TI Diamond Chains (TIDC)
- TI Metal Forming (TIMF)
- Shanti Gears
- TI TMT Macho
TI Cycles of India
TI Cycles of India (a unit of Tube Investments of India Ltd.) is a bicycle manufacturer based in India. Established in 1949 by the Murugappa Group and Sir Ivan Stedeford of Tube Investments Group in UK, TI Cycles is the maker of brands like Hercules, BSA and Philips cycles. Currently it is the first largest cycle manufacturer in India and number one manufacturer in special segments like mountain bikes, sports lite roadsters, racing bikes etc. It has a manufacturing capacity of around three million bicycles per year. Of late, TI Cycles has begun to sponsor a variety of cycling events, one of them being the 900+ km Tour of Nilgiris, through its brand BSA. TI Cycles of India brands:
- TI Cycles
- Philips Cycles
- Track & Trail
Track and Trail India is an initiative of TI Cycles India with the objective to bring brands such as Bianchi, Schwinn, Cannondale, Ducati, etc. to the Indian market.
TI Cycles of India has manufacturing plants at:
- Ambattur, Chennai
- Nasik, Maharashtra
- Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Rajpura, Punjab
Tube Products of India (TPI)
Tube Products of India (TPI) a Unit of Tube Investments of India Ltd. is a steel tubes manufacturer based in India. Tube Investments of India is a flagship company of Murugappa Group. Tube Products of India established in the year 1955 in collaboration with Tube Products (Old Bury) Limited, UK to produce Electric resistance welding (ERW) and Cold Drawn Welded (CDW) tubes also called as Drawn Over Mandrel tubes.
The manufacturing locations of Tube Products of India are located at:
- Avadi, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Shirwal, Maharashtra
- Mohali, Punjab
- Tiruttani, Tamil Nadu (Large Diameter Plant)
TI Diamond Chains
TI Diamond Chains is simply known as TIDC India. T I Diamond Chain Limited is established as joint venture between Tube Investments of India Limited & Diamond Chain Company Inc USA. Now Tube Investments of India Limited merged it with as a division called TIDC India. TIDC India is leading chain manufacturer in segments such as Industrial, Automotive and Fine Blanking.
TIDC India's manufacturing plants are:
- TIDC India, 11, M. T. H Road, Ambattur, Tiruvallur district.
- Gangnouli, Laksar, Haridwar, Uttrakhand.
- Kazipally Village, Jinnaram Mandal, Medak District, Telangana.
TI Metal Forming
TI Metal Forming was established in 1965 as a division of Tube Investments of India Limited. It manufactures Car door frame (skin parts), Glass separator channels, Door guide rails (stainless steel), Window channels, Side impact beams, Casing for starter motor (deep drawn part), HCV chassis and CRF sections for Railway wagons and coaches.
TI Metal Forming is having four manufacturing plants:
- Thiruninravur, Tiruvallur district
- Bawal, Rewari district, Haryana
- Sanand, Ahmedabad district, Gujarat
- Halol, Panchmahal district, Gujarat
- Kakkalur, Tiruvallur district
Tube Investments of India Subsidiaries
- Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company Limited(CIFCL)
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Limited
- Sedis Chains France
- "Historique - SEDIS". Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- Preetha, M. Soundarya (2012-07-13). "Tube Investments to buy Shanthi Gears". The Hindu. Coimbatore. Retrieved 2012-07-18.
- "Murugappa Group to set up its 4th bicycle plant in Punjab". The Hindu. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "Tube Products of India". Tiindia.com. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- "Cholamandalam Finance - Enter a Better Life". Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- "Sedis : chaînes transmission, chaînes manutention, chaînes de levage". Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- tiindia.com Tube Investments of India Limited Official Website
- tubeproductsindia.com Tube Products of India (TPI) Official Website
- tidcindia.in TI Diamond Chains (TIDC) Official Website
- bsahercules.com BSA Hercules Official Website
- trackandtrail.in Track and Trail Cycles Official Website
- bsamotorsindia.com BSA Motors Official Website
- BSA Workouts Official Website
- timetalforming.com TI Metal Forming Official Website