This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Bristol, United Kingdom|
|No. of offices||7|
|No. of lawyers||Approximately 400|
|Major practice areas||General practice|
|Revenue||£82 million (2018)|
|Date founded||2000 (merger)|
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
TLT LLP is a UK law firm headquartered in Bristol. TLT is among the top 50 law firms in the UK, according to Legal Week. In its latest accounts, covering the 12 months to 30 April 2018, it recorded turnover of £82m, up from £74.6m in 2017 . The firm employs approximately 1,000 staff. The firm has additional offices in London and Manchester, Scottish operations are administered from Edinburgh with another office in Glasgow, and a Northern Ireland subsidiary in Belfast. Overseas, the firm operates an office in Piraeus, Greece.
TLT was created in 2000, following the merger of two Bristol based law firms, Lawrence Tucketts and Trumps. Trumps was formed in the 1950s and Lawrence Tucketts in 1985. The earliest strands of both firms go back to the 1800s.
In 2005, TLT acquired niche financial services practice Lawrence Jones and expanded into London. In 2007, TLT acquired commercial law firm Constant & Constant, which doubled the firm's London presence. In 2010 TLT moved to new offices in the City of London.
26 of the firm's practice areas are ranked by Chambers UK and 35 of TLT's lawyers are recognised as "Leaders in their Field" by the legal guide.
- One of Europe’s top 50 innovative law firms according to The Financial Times.
- One of the top 5 legal employers in the UK according to Legal Week's Employee Satisfaction report.
- "Company Overview of TLT LLP". Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- "TLT Solicitors". TLT Solicitors. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- "TLT elects corporate head to helm". Legalweek. 2002-03-21. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- 11 April 2005 (2005-04-11). "TLT opens in London with boutique merger | News". The Lawyer. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- 4 June 2007 (2007-06-04). "TLT gains Piraeus base with Constant merger | News". The Lawyer. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- "Bristol law firms an economical option for London clients". Bristol24-7. 2010-09-07. Archived from the original on 2011-10-09. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- "Firms - Chambers Partners - TLT LLP". Chambersandpartners.com. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- "FT.com / Special Reports / Innovative Lawyers". rankings.ft.com. Retrieved 2015-03-07.
- "Legal Week Intelligence: Employee Satisfaction Report 2010" (PDF). 2 August 2010. Retrieved 2015-03-07.
- "TLT LLP – Bristol – Law Firm Profile - Chambers UK 2015 – Chambers and Partners". chambersandpartners.com. Retrieved 2015-03-07.
- "The Legal 500 > TLT > London, ENGLAND > What we say". legal500.com. Retrieved 2015-03-07.
- "TLT LLP - True Picture". chambersstudent.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-03-07.