|Place of origin||Turkey|
|Weight||5 t (4.9 long tons; 5.5 short tons)|
|Length||7.45 m (24 ft 5 in)|
|Width||2.5 m (8 ft 2 in)|
|Height||3.6 m (11 ft 10 in)|
|Side and Rear Gas Sprays|
TOMA (Turkish: Toplumsal Olaylara Müdahale Aracı, English: Intervention Vehicle against Social Incidents), is an armored water cannon designed for riot control, from a Turkish company, Nurol Makina. It is used by the Turkish National Police and Turkish Gendarmerie, and has been exported to countries such as Azerbaijan, Libya, Zimbabwe, Georgia and Kazakhstan.
TOMA can be integrated on to different type of chassis such as 4x4, 4x2, 6x4, 6x2 and 6x6. TOMA can reach up to 100 km/h maximum speed and 30% gradient climbing capability. The critical sub-systems of the TOMA vehicles are also protected against ballistic threat.
- Computer controlled water cannon system
- 5.000–10.000 liter water tank capacity
- 60 liter gas tank
- 60 liter dye tank
- 80 liter foam tank
- Three different water cannon operation modes: Short pulse, Long pulse, Continuous pulse
- Can use different combinations of water, dye, gas and foam mixtures.
- The ability of re-filling (self-prime) the water tank from lakes, water wells, etc.
- Side and Rear Gas Sprays
- Armored Cabin
- Window and equipment Protection with Cages
- Fire Extinguisher Systems (special extinguishers systems individually for road)
- Positive Cabin Pressurization System against tear gas
According to an activist in Cihangir featured on Occupy Wall Street, "the only way to stop a TOMA is to throw paint on its window so that the vehicle loses orientation ... To paralyze it, you either have to put a wet towel in its exhaust pipe or burn something under its engine or you and a dozen others can push it over. This kind of battle-info is circulating all over Turkey at the moment."
|This vehicle-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This military vehicle article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|