|Subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard|
|Products||HP TRIM Records Management System software|
|Website||HP Software website|
|Footnotes / references|
Acquired by Hewlett-Packard in May 2008
TOWER Software was a software development company, founded in 1985 in Canberra, Australia. The company provided and supported enterprise content management software, notably its TRIM product line for electronic records management.
TOWER Software began making records management software in 1985. It shifted to providing electronic document and records management software with the introduction of TRIM Captura in 1998. TRIM Context was released in 2002. In 2004 the company re-branded itself as a provider of enterprise content management solutions.
TOWER Software contributed to the development of international and local standards by sitting on a working group to develop AS4390 (the Australian standard for records management), which influenced the ISO 15489 standard, and by reviewing the MoReq and DoD 5015.2 standards.
In April 2008, TOWER Software shareholders were advised of the company's intention to accept an offer by Hewlett-Packard to acquire the company for approximately US$105 million. At that time, TOWER Software had 1000 customers in 32 countries representing the public sector and highly regulated industries such as healthcare, energy and utilities, and banking and finance.
TRIM Context is now called HP TRIM Records Management System software and is based on the ISO standard 15489 for records management. TRIM software also has U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) 5015.2 certification and adheres to the principles outlined in AS4390.
Recognition and awards
- KMWorld Readers' Choice Award 2006
- HP Software website
- A Strategic Approach to Managing Information from National Archives of Australia
- ARMA International Electronic Records and e-Discovery
- DIRKS, Design and Implementation Of Record Keeping Systems
- The National Archives (UK), The National Archives
- Design Criteria Standard for Electronic Records Management Software Applications
- Paperless Office
- Document Management
- Document Imaging
- 2008 Hewlett-Packard Form 10-K
- Tung, Liam. "HP to acquire Canberra-based Tower Software". ZDNet. Retrieved 24 March 2020.
- http://www.allbusiness.com/technology/software-services-applications-information/6481512-1.html TOWER Software's TRIM Captura Records Management Software Now Available Through U.S. Department of Transportation (8 May 2000). Retrieved 2010-02-14.
- TOWER Software's TRIM Captura Records Management Software Now Available Through U.S. Department of Transportation (8 May 2000).Retrieved 2010-02-14.
- Sharma, Mahesh (1 April 2008). "HP to buy Tower Software". Australian IT. Retrieved 1 April 2008.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 4 July 2008. Retrieved 25 July 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link). Retrieved 2010-02-14.
- The University of Western Australia, “Archives and Records Management Services” 
- TOWER Software's TRIM Captura Records Management Software Now Available Through U.S. Department of Transportation (8 May 2000)
- KMWorld.com: KMWorld Readers' Choice Award 2006: Tower Software