6.15 / September 12, 2016
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X|
TOWeb is a WYSIWYG website creation software for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X that makes web publishing easy. The latest version 5 creates HTML5/CSS3 responsive websites compatible with any device. It has some limitations such as one can not open an external web site for editing.
The first version of TOWeb was developed during 2 years from 2003 to 2005 under the project name "WebGen". It was primarily intended for beginners without any HTML knowledge in website creation. The first version 1.0 was released on August 6, 2005. The following releases 2.0, 3.0, 4.0...have brought new features like the ability to create online stores. The latest version 5.0 released on June 2013 follow the Responsive Web Design trend by allowing the creation of websites compatible with any device.
- Responsive websites
- Website templates
- Live preview and content editing
- HTML5 & CSS3
- Pages, Albums, Catalogs
- E-commerce module
- YouTube & HTML5 videos, Google maps...
- Multilingual websites
- Built-in FTP uploader
- Version 6.0 release June 23, 2015 introduced the ability to create new types of pages (calendars, articles, agreement page), the support for Retina displays, photo albums in full screen, new effects on images, new objects (such as graphs, countdowns, Twitter feed or timestamps), an integrated website optimizer tool to improve the SEO of sites and new e-commerce capabilities such as sales of digital files (e-books, music, photos, etc) and management of related products...
- Version 5.0 released June 18, 2013 introduced a fully rewritten editor and generator for creating responsive websites, live previewing and editing. Many features from former versions have been removed like the outdated theme generator or the wiki editor.
- Version 4.0 released June 16, 2011 introduced unicode support, a rewritten e-commerce module, Google Maps and YouTube objects, polls, automatic translations...
- Version 3.0 released June 19, 2009 introduced server side php scripting (i-services), ads insertion, SEO features, Microsoft Word & Microsoft Excel import...
- Version 2.0 released June 19, 2007 introduced a new user interface, Windows Vista compatibility, submenus, slideshows, html scripting, rss...
- Version 1.07 was released January 31, 2006 and introduced the e-commerce features for the first time in TOWeb
- Version 1.0 was released August 6, 2005
TOWeb is available in the following languages: English, French, Italian, Portuguese
- "ToWeb Free Edition Makes Web Publishing Easy". PCWorld. 2009-04-10.
- "TOWeb user rating on CNet". CNet. 2008-08-09.
- "Create A Web Site Without Coding". SnapFiles. 2013-07-19.
- "Visual and WYSIWYG editors". Tucows. 2013-06-25.
- "Upgrading a website built with TOWeb V4 or older". Lauyan Software. 2013-06-25.