|Product type||Hair care|
|Previous owners||Godefroy Manufacturing Company (1947-1968)
|Tagline||Professional. At Your Fingertips.|
TRESemmé is a brand of haircare products first manufactured by Godefroy Manufacturing Company in St. Louis, Missouri, United States, starting in 1947. It was named after renowned hair care expert Edna Emmé. The brand name is a phonetic translation of "well-loved" in French, (très-aimé). The product line was initially marketed only to salons. The TRESemmé brand was purchased by Alberto in 1968, that was subsequently taken over by Unilever in 2010.
TRESemmé was launched in 1947 by Godefroy Manufacturing, and was bought in 1968 by Alberto-Culver, a manufacturer of hair and skincare products.The original intention was to only distribute within salons; however, as the product line became more popular, it was marketed in supermarkets and pharmacies.
TRESemmé create different formulas to suit different types of hair.  Products include Shampoos & Conditioners, Dry Shampoos, Mousse, Gels, Hairsprays, Crème & Milk, and other styling sprays.
A tool called "PROfiler" available on the TRESemmé website allows consumers to find the right products for their hair. 
Advertisement campaigns include 'Professional, Affordable', spending an estimated $17 million on advertising by 2004. TRESemmé's products are used in hair salons across the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Asia, in particular for hair repair treatment from heat damage mostly caused by hair ironing and blowdrying.
Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week
TRESemmé created a team called "Runway Insiders", including American model and DJ Harley Viera-Newton, who gave women a personal point of view of the latest trends and how they can achieve various professional looks at home.
Awards won by TRESemmé include:
-Cosmopolitan Beauty Award 2010
-Allure Best of Beauty Award 2010 
-Cosmopolitan Beauty Award 2011
-Elle Beauty Award 2011
-Allure Readers' Choice Breakthroughs 2011
- "TRESemmé". Hindustan Unilever Limited. Unilever 2014. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Bittar, Christine; Positioning: Tresemme Hair Line Goes Back To Its Roots; Brandweek; [2004-06-28]; retrieved on 2007-12-24
- Keen, Melissa. "Tresemme Marketing Strategy". Prezi.com. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Pederson, Jay P (2001). International Directory of Company Histories, Vol. 36. Detroit: St James Press.
- "TRESemmé". Unilever. Unilever 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "Hair Profiler". Tresemme. Unilever 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- It is also sold in drugstores and supermarkets across the U.S."Professional. Affordable." It says it all!; ciao!; 2006-11-25; retrieved on 2007-12-24
- Bittar, Christine; Positioning: Tresemme Hair Line Goes Back To Its Roots; Brandweek; 2004-06-28; retrieved on 2007-12-24
- On August 7, 2012, TRESemmé will have its first international release in the Philippines. http://www.hbhmagazine.com/brandNews.asp]; retrieved on 2007-12-24
- Irwin, Tanya. "Tresemme Sponsors Fashion Week, Bows FB Group". MediaPost. MediaPost Communications 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "TRESemme Looks to Make Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week as Famous for the Hair as It Is for the Fashion". PR Newswire. PR Newswire Association LLC 2013. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards 2010: Best Hair Products". Cosmopolitan. 2014 Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Devash, Meirav. "Best of Beauty: Hair". Allure. Condé Nast 2014. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "Beauty Awards". TRESemmé. Unilever 2012. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Schaffner, Liana. "2011 Readers' Choice Breakthroughs". Allure. Condé Nast 2014. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
|This product article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|