|Product type||Hair care|
|Previous owners||Godefroy Manufacturing Company (1947–1968) |
|Tagline||Professional. At Your Fingertips. |
and Used by professionals
TRESemmé is an American multi-national brand of hair care products first manufactured in 1947 by the Godefroy Manufacturing Company in St. Louis, Missouri, United States. It was named after the renowned hair care expert Edna L. Emme. The brand name is a phonetic respelling of "well-loved" (French: très-aimé) that includes the surname of its namesake.
The TRESemmé brand was launched in 1947 by Godefroy Manufacturing, and was bought in 1968 by Alberto-Culver, a manufacturer of hair and skincare products. The original intention was to only distribute the products of the brand within beauty salons; however, as the product line became more popular, it was marketed to supermarkets and pharmacies.
TRESemmé creates formulas suited for different types of hair. TRESemmé products include: shampoos & conditioners, dry shampoos, mousse, gels, hair sprays, crème & milk, and other styling sprays. TRESemmé's products are used in hair salons across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Asia, particularly for hair repair treatment from heat damage caused by hair ironing and blowdrying.
Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week
TRESemmé created a team called "Runway Insiders" that included American model and DJ Harley Viera-Newton, who gave women a personal point-of-view of the latest trends and how they could achieve various professional looks at home.
Awards won by the TRESemmé brand include:
- Cosmopolitan Beauty Award 2010
- Allure Best of Beauty Award 2010 
- Cosmopolitan Beauty Award 2011
- Elle Beauty Award 2011
- Allure Readers' Choice Breakthroughs 2011
- "TRESemmé". Hindustan Unilever Limited. Unilever 2014. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Bittar, Christine; Positioning: Tresemme Hair Line Goes Back To Its Roots; Brandweek; [2004-06-28]; retrieved on 2007-12-24
- Keen, Melissa. "Tresemme Marketing Strategy". Prezi.com. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Nicholson, Chris V. (2010-09-27). "Unilever to Buy Alberto Culver for $3.7 Billion". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- Pederson, Jay P (2001). International Directory of Company Histories, Vol. 36. Detroit: St James Press.
- "TRESemmé". Unilever. Unilever 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- On August 7, 2012, TRESemmé will have its first international release in the Philippines. http://www.hbhmagazine.com/brandNews.asp]; retrieved on 2007-12-24
- "Hair Profiler". Tresemme. Unilever 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- Bittar, Christine; Positioning: TRESemme Hair Line Goes Back To Its Roots; Brandweek; 2004-06-28; retrieved on 2007-12-24
- It is also sold in drugstores and supermarkets across the U.S."Professional. Affordable." It says it all!; ciao!; 2006-11-25; retrieved on 2007-12-24
- Irwin, Tanya. "Tresemme Sponsors Fashion Week, Bows FB Group". MediaPost. MediaPost Communications 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "TRESemme Looks to Make Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week as Famous for the Hair as It Is for the Fashion". PR Newswire. PR Newswire Association LLC 2013. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards 2010: Best Hair Products". Cosmopolitan. 2014 Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Devash, Meirav. "Best of Beauty: Hair". Allure. Condé Nast 2014. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "Beauty Awards". TRESemmé. Unilever 2012. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Schaffner, Liana. "2011 Readers' Choice Breakthroughs". Allure. Condé Nast 2014. Retrieved 26 October 2014.