Jump to navigation Jump to search
French soldiers prepare to fire a TRF1
|Place of origin||France|
|In service||French Army|
|Used by||See Users|
|Length||10.0 m (32 ft 10 in)|
|Barrel length||6.2 m (20 ft 4 in) L/40|
|Width||3.09 m (10 ft 2 in) traveling|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in) traveling|
|Calibre||155 mm (6.1 in) NATO|
|Elevation||-6° to +66°|
|Traverse||27° left / 38° right|
|Rate of fire||3 shots in 15 s., 6 shots/min. (because it is necessary to let the tube cool down)|
|Effective firing range||
24 km (15 mi) with|
30 km (19 mi) with
- Setting out of battery: 2 min
- Crossing of slopes of 60%, fords of 1.20m.
- Horizontal field of fire: 445mil to the left, 675mil to the right.
- Hydraulic aiming
- Capacity of tractor: 56 shots, 32 on pallets and 24 in rack.
- Can fire all 155 mm ammunition (the normal ammunition is the high-explosive shell).
- Casings are combustible, which improves rate of fire: there is nothing to extract before reloading.
Media related to Canon 155 TRF1 at Wikimedia Commons
- "Photo: US Troops Fire French Howitzer". strategypage.com.
- 155 TR F1 155 mm Howitzer Archived 2007-09-27 at the Wayback Machine.
|This artillery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This European military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|