|, ALSPDC, CHAK, CHAK1, LTRPC7, LTrpC-7, TRP-PLIK, transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily M member 7|
Transient receptor potential cation channel, subfamily M, member 7, also known as TRPM7, is a human gene encoding a protein of the same name.
TRPs, mammalian homologs of the Drosophila transient receptor potential (trp) protein, are ion channels that are thought to mediate capacitative calcium entry into the cell. TRP-PLIK is a protein that is both an ion channel and a kinase. As a channel, it conducts calcium and monovalent cations to depolarize cells and increase intracellular calcium. As a kinase, it is capable of phosphorylating itself and other substrates. The kinase activity is necessary for channel function, as shown by its dependence on intracellular ATP and by the kinase mutants.[supplied by OMIM]
Defects in this gene have been associated to magnesium deficiency in human microvascular endothelial cells.
- GRCh38: Ensembl release 89: ENSG00000092439 - Ensembl, May 2017
- GRCm38: Ensembl release 89: ENSMUSG00000027365 - Ensembl, May 2017
- "Human PubMed Reference:".
- "Mouse PubMed Reference:".
- "Entrez Gene: TRPM7 transient receptor potential cation channel, subfamily M, member 7".
- Runnels LW, Yue L, Clapham DE (May 2002). "The TRPM7 channel is inactivated by PIP(2) hydrolysis". Nat. Cell Biol. 4 (5): 329–36. doi:10.1038/ncb781. PMID 11941371.
- Baldoli E, Maier JA (2012). "Silencing TRPM7 mimics the effects of magnesium deficiency in human microvascular endothelial cells". Angiogenesis. 15 (1): 47–57. doi:10.1007/s10456-011-9242-0. PMID 22183257.
- Chubanov V, Gudermann T, Schlingmann KP (2005). "Essential role for TRPM6 in epithelial magnesium transport and body magnesium homeostasis". Pflügers Arch. 451 (1): 228–34. doi:10.1007/s00424-005-1470-y. PMID 16075242.
- Clapham DE, Julius D, Montell C, Schultz G (2005). "International Union of Pharmacology. XLIX. Nomenclature and structure-function relationships of transient receptor potential channels". Pharmacol. Rev. 57 (4): 427–50. doi:10.1124/pr.57.4.6. PMID 16382100.
- Penner R, Fleig A (2007). "The Mg2+ and Mg(2+)-nucleotide-regulated channel-kinase TRPM7". Handb Exp Pharmacol. 179 (179): 313–28. doi:10.1007/978-3-540-34891-7_19. PMC 5663631. PMID 17217066.
|This membrane protein–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|