|Launched||18 September 2011|
|Owned by||Prime Media Group
Brand New Media
|Picture format||576i (SDTV) 16:9|
|Formerly called||Television 4 (2011)
|Freeview Seven owned (virtual)||74|
|Freeview Prime affiliate (virtual)||64|
|VAST (virtual)||64 (WA only)|
4ME is a digital advertorial datacasting service that launched on 18 September 2011 by Prime Media Group and Brand New Media. It is available to homes in the Prime7/GWN7 viewing area on channel 64, and the Seven Network/Seven Queensland viewing area on channel 74. As a datacasting channel, the content on the channel is regulated, it must consist of mostly information, and the scope for entertainment is limited. It shows mainly Australian made informational programs and infomercials, and as a datacasting service is prohibited from broadcasting programs that are wholly or substantially infotainment or lifestyle programs longer than 10 minutes.
When launched in regional areas on 18 September 2011, the channel was known as Television 4. The channel changed to the name of TV4ME, when it was introduced to metropolitan areas in December 2011. It changed its name to 4ME in 2013.
- Nicole Cusack. "Television 4 is launching September 18th 2011 to ALL homes in Regional NSW, VIC, ACT and the Gold Coast". Retrieved 2012-01-23.
- David Knox (7 November 2011). "Seven to launch TV4 datacasting". TV Tonight. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "Television 4". Brandnewmedia.com.au. 18 September 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Television 4, the new Freeview channel you don’t want - Australian tech blog, podcast, reviews, photos - techAU". Techau.tv. 18 September 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Paul McIntyre (26 September 2011). "Prime launches brand-funded datacast channel". AdNews. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Investigation Report No. 2814: Breach of TV4ME License Conditions – Category A television programs". Australian Communications and Media Authority. 27 November 2012. Retrieved 8 December 2012.
|This Australian television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|