|TVM: Student Television at McGill|
|Slogan||Turn Us On|
|Affiliates||Students Society of McGill University|
|Headquarters||3480, rue McTavish
TVM is McGill University's on-campus television station, run by volunteering students on a non-profit basis. TVMcGill gained its official status as a Student's Society of McGill University (SSMU) club in 1996. Succeeding its role as a movie-making club throughout the 1990s, TVMcGill was officially founded in 2001 as a SSMU media service, broadcasting online and on closed-circuit television on campus. It regularly publishes stories relevant to the McGill community, whether it is news, arts, series or features. Recent stories include the coverage of the US elections from a Canadian student's perspective, the McGill Student's Society of McGill University Elections, the McGill Bachelorette and The Hot Plate. TVMcGill also organizes an annual Fokus Film Festival to promote and showcase student's films to the student community. Funding was mainly provided by SSMU, but after a student-initiated referendum motion that was successfully passed on March 11, 2010, TVMcGill is now supported directly from its own student funded fee. TVMcGill also participates in events such as SSUNS (Secondary Students United Nations Symposium) and McMUN (McGill Model United Nations), and receives support from external companies.
- To experiment and push the limits of student-produced new media and technologies
- To teach the community about media production at the independent level
- To produce high quality, student-based media content for its audience
- To make TVMcGill a representative of McGill student life
- To entertain the McGill community through our content
- Services Listing – Students' Society of McGill University. Ssmu.mcgill.ca. Retrieved on October 20, 2011.
-  Archived January 7, 2005, at the Wayback Machine.
- TVMcGill | About TVMcGill. Tvmcgill.com. Retrieved on October 20, 2011.
- [dead link]
- FOKUS FILM FESTIVAL 2008: Ski slopes, cigarettes and fake blood – A & E – The McGill Tribune – McGill University. The McGill Tribune. Retrieved on October 20, 2011.
- Funding – Students' Society of McGill University. Ssmu.mcgill.ca. Retrieved on October 20, 2011.